The Student Room Group

What's next?

Basically I received all replies from unis and have confirmed which one I want. UCAS says "The university or college should now send you more information." but this was on the 2nd of December and I still haven't received any letters or emails apart from a letter about their offer (which I got before replying to my offer) and saying "Further information regarding what to do next will be sent to you once funding and accommodation details have been fully confirmed to us". I don't know what or when I am meant to do anything about finance or accommodation. I'll be applying for halls of residence through the uni but there is no application on their website. I just have no idea what I am meant to do..
Original post by RJE95
Basically I received all replies from unis and have confirmed which one I want. UCAS says "The university or college should now send you more information." but this was on the 2nd of December and I still haven't received any letters or emails apart from a letter about their offer (which I got before replying to my offer) and saying "Further information regarding what to do next will be sent to you once funding and accommodation details have been fully confirmed to us". I don't know what or when I am meant to do anything about finance or accommodation. I'll be applying for halls of residence through the uni but there is no application on their website. I just have no idea what I am meant to do..

You can't apply for student finance yet, so you will have to wait for that. Most universities won't let you apply for accommodation at this stage either. Most people don't chose their choices until much later in the process, (April/May) so the letter was likely to be a standard letter which would be much more applicable around that time of year.

Just wait, eventually you will get the information you need to apply for halls/finance, but it probably won't be for a while yet.
Thanks, I thought it would be sooner than that
Original post by RJE95
Thanks, I thought it would be sooner than that

It'll be a long, long way off yet, as the universities are dealing with applications, deadlines and then the opening of Extra. It will seem like an age but you may not hear much until getting on towards results day, and that is perfectly normal. They haven't forgotten you. Student Finance opens in February, so you can do that then, but otherwise, just get on with the rest of your life.

Quick Reply