The Student Room Group

SCITT course interview - help!

I have an interview in just over a week for a SCITT course at an infant school (I have applied for foundation & KS1).

As part of my interview I have to do a 5 minute presentation on "an aspect of learning". I have a great passion about outdoor learning and Forest School, would this topic be okay for this presentation? I don't want to do it and then find out it is wrong!

I am so nervous about this interview day!
Reply 1
Original post by ycs93
I have an interview in just over a week for a SCITT course at an infant school (I have applied for foundation & KS1).

As part of my interview I have to do a 5 minute presentation on "an aspect of learning". I have a great passion about outdoor learning and Forest School, would this topic be okay for this presentation? I don't want to do it and then find out it is wrong!

I am so nervous about this interview day!

If you are passionate about your subject I think you are more than half way to giving a great presentation. It sounds an excellent topic to me though I don't have particular knowledge of SCITT interviews - perhaps someone else can give you a bit more advice there. Good luck anyway!
Reply 3
I had a SCITT interview today and we had a similar format for our presentation. My interview had people from all different courses on, and we had to give a 3 minute presentation of an aspect of our subject that we were passionate about. We were told from the start that it wasn't necessarily the thing we picked that was important, but instead how we portrayed our passions. They just kept saying that they were looking for potential more than anything, someone who could engage with an audience something that they were passionate about. Everyone did different things, some more vague then others, but all were great simply because of the way they described it.

What you've said sounds exactly what they're probably looking for, in the case of my interview anyway. As long as you're confident and show you love what you're talking about, I think you'll be fine!
Reply 4
They're mainly just looking out for someone who has the potential to be a great teacher more than anything, not necessarily whether you give the correct answer.

Hope this helps!
Reply 5
Original post by tashag93
I had a SCITT interview today and we had a similar format for our presentation. My interview had people from all different courses on, and we had to give a 3 minute presentation of an aspect of our subject that we were passionate about. We were told from the start that it wasn't necessarily the thing we picked that was important, but instead how we portrayed our passions. They just kept saying that they were looking for potential more than anything, someone who could engage with an audience something that they were passionate about. Everyone did different things, some more vague then others, but all were great simply because of the way they described it.

What you've said sounds exactly what they're probably looking for, in the case of my interview anyway. As long as you're confident and show you love what you're talking about, I think you'll be fine!

Thank you! That is really helpful and has put my mind at ease!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Such aspect might yet be extracted out of linguistic art and artistic language.. So what can be abbreviated, as the following, might still be introducing an enjoyable theme, perhaps for a quick conclusion: 'Aspire Stay Passionate' could make or go half way an ASPect of learning.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending