The Student Room Group

Answers revealed: At college/uni? Questions about mental health/disclosure?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Thanks for joining us on our live Q&A for #UniversityMentalHealthDay! I hope our answers from the University Mental Health Advisers Network have been useful. Student Minds will be hosting a twitter chat from 4:30pm this afternoon about opening up to a friend, you can join in the conversation with the hashtag: #StudentChats

Sorry for any questions we have not managed to answer yet, I'll post further answers to these shortly!

Have a look at the University Mental Health Advisers Network website for some more info: http://www.umhan.com/
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Midnightmemories
What happens when a person with a history of using school support services enters Further Education? (post 16).

Hi there, sorry for not getting back to you sooner!

It is entirely your choice what happens when entering Further Education: nothing will happen unless you choose to declare mental health difficulties or previous experiences of using school support services. Support is only offered even in FE by the student declaring or asking school to share information to the Further Education setting. If you have concerns about what will happen you may want to speak to current school support services before entering Further Education so that you can prepare for this transition.

I hope this information is helpful!
Original post by UMHAN
Thanks for joining us on our live Q&A for #UniversityMentalHealthDay! I hope our answers from the University Mental Health Advisers Network have been useful. Student Minds will be hosting a twitter chat from 4:30pm this afternoon about opening up to a friend, you can join in the conversation with the hashtag: #StudentChats

Sorry for any questions we have not managed to answer yet, I'll post further answers to these shortly!

Have a look at the University Mental Health Advisers Network website for some more info: http://www.umhan.com/

Many thanks for your time, and apologies for my monopolising the questions so much! :tongue:
Reply 23
has anyone have an essay for this question by any chance
what are the pros and cons of recieving a diagnosis of a mental health problem?
Original post by fdoom25
has anyone have an essay for this question by any chance
what are the pros and cons of recieving a diagnosis of a mental health problem?

This thread is from two years ago :tongue: there's plenty of stuff on it around the mental health forum so have a look, no-one is going to write it for you though.

Quick Reply

Latest