Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Article: Ice-cream crisps and nine other retro foods you've forgotten you loved watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What retro food items do you wish would make a comeback? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...tten-you-loved

ReputationRep:
    Only one there I agree with is Kwenchy Kups, the rest were horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Only one I've tried is Pingu's head ice cream - which was pretty awesome :P

ReputationRep:
    I remember them all, and some are still going.

except ketchips, definitely missed that one.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you can get Um Bongo, but it might be rare as I had it a few weeks ago. I remember that there was pickle onion monster munch that used to turn your tongue blue and french fries that were fish and chips flavoured and many more.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by nadzworldz)
    I'm sure you can get Um Bongo, but it might be rare as I had it a few weeks ago. I remember that there was pickle onion monster munch that used to turn your tongue blue and french fries that were fish and chips flavoured and many more.
    Read the Um Bongo one again, I misread it the first time to.

ReputationRep:
    I kinda liked that Ice-cream Monster Munch at the time!

Sunny D was always terrible though; it tasted like a melted ice-lolly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RVNmax)
    Read the Um Bongo one again, I misread it the first time to.
    Haha um Ognob or mu Obnog or whatever it is.

I remember quite a few of those. I used to love having Pingu head ice cream when I ate out at restaurants with my family, and I used to drink Sunny D all the time. I also really loved turkey twizzlers - I only wish they weren't so unhealthy!

ReputationRep:
    I miss the walkers ketchup flavoured crisps they were great.

ReputationRep:
    You know what no one ever seems to remember... Banana bubbles!!
    Basically coco pops, but banana not coco...

ReputationRep:
    I am from Italy and I strongly doubt you can actually refear as "food" to most of the items in this list!!

ReputationRep:
    Lick Bars - Sour Liquorice chewy bars with a cartoon cow on the wrapper, with some crazy long tongue.

Loved these as a nipper, but have found no evidence they ever existed, online..
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Iridann)
    I miss the walkers ketchup flavoured crisps they were great.
    Loved those too.

Who remembers Snot Shots!

(Original post by RVNmax)
    Who remembers Snot Shots!
    What a vile name for something that you're supposed to put in your mouth. Who on Earth came up with that?

ReputationRep:
    The Pingu ice cream...my childhood :pingu:

ReputationRep:
    I've seen Funny Feet and Sunny D on sale in several shops fairly recently. Anyone remember the flavoured veg that was around in the mid 90s (eg. chocolate flavoured carrots, pizza flavoured sweetcorn) that was suppose to encourage kids to eat more veg? I never had it myself but I remember it being advertised.

ReputationRep:
    Completely forgot about Kwenchy Kups.

I liked the vanilla Monster Munch, my mate's mom worked for Bunzl and we used to go in the van and nick those and vanilla coke which was out at the same time.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by IFAEDU)
    Only one I've tried is Pingu's head ice cream - which was pretty awesome :P
    They where amazing. I loved those.
    I actually collected the heads with the different coloured hats on. Not sure what happened to them though.

ReputationRep:
    I am ice cream a lover and I used to have it daily, after reading your question I really want to eat retro ice cream because way of making is different and taste as well and I am eager to taste retro ice cream.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 27, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.