The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Nursing Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
second table for uniform fitting day is for Bsc adult nursing,child and mental health at Franklin wilkins building G79
Time Group 09.00-10.00BSc Nursing (Surname A-B)10.00-11.00BSc Nursing (Surname C-F) 11.00-12.00BSc Nursing (Surname G-K) 13.00-14.00BSc Nursing (Surname L-O) 14.00-15.00 BSc Nursing (Surname P-S)15.00-16.00BSc Nursing (Surname T-Z)16.00-17.00Additional slot
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 641
from the information provided on the website, wednesday the 16th is free cuz theris'nt no activity for that date
That's right tizzy92. Which branch are you going to be doing if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 643
Original post by akosuamansa
That's right tizzy92. Which branch are you going to be doing if you don't mind me asking?

Hi, I shall be doing Bsc adult nursing nursing
same here! Are you a Londoner hence commuting from home or you will be staying in one of the residences? hope to see you on tuesday the 15th
Reply 645
same here! Are you a Londoner hence commuting from home or you will be staying in one of the residences? hope to see you on tuesday the 15th

Am not a londoner....i'll be commuting from home every day basically. what about you?
I live in south west london and will communiting as well. my journey will take about 35 mins depending on the traffic.
Reply 647
I live in south west london and will communiting as well. my journey will take about 35 mins depending on the traffic.

it's not too bad...mine will take about 1hr 45mins. anyway see u on Tuesday. Take care
Original post by tizzy92
it's not too bad...mine will take about 1hr 45mins. anyway see u on Tuesday. Take care

I'll be commuting from Romford and it will take me an hour 25- 30 mins. Not too bad and I'm already used to commuting that same time for work.

I will be attending on monday at 14.30 as my surname starts with an A.
Reply 649
Original post by Ugomma
I'll be commuting from Romford and it will take me an hour 25- 30 mins. Not too bad and I'm already used to commuting that same time for work.

I will be attending on monday at 14.30 as my surname starts with an A.

Hi Ugomma, are u doing Bsc or PgD nursing??
Original post by tizzy92
Hi Ugomma, are u doing Bsc or PgD nursing??

Hello tizzy92, I'm going to do PgD Adult.
Hi,

Could anyone possibly help me?!

I know that buying books before our course start date probably isn't worth it as we don't have our reading lists published however I want to do some pre-reading before we begin.

Having major panic attacks as I decided to defer my place for BSc Mental Health Nursing last year and start this year as I wanted to take out a year to gain some work experience & save as I'll be moving down but now feel that a year out was too long as I feel like I've probably dumbed down since leaving college! :frown:

I'll be moving down to London from Birmingham on the 12th September and will stay at Moonraker Point for the duration of my studies (which albeit wasn't my first choice as it's expensive as hell - oh well!)

Any recommendations, tips & advice would be much appreciated
Thanks in advance :smile:
Guys so we (those doing BSc adult nursing) start our first day on Tuesday 15th right? We don't need to go on the 14th?
Also on Tuesday we only go in for the times allocated with our surnames isn't it?
(Sorry I know these are very stupid questions 🙈)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi ShinexBright,
Tuesday 15th is just a uniform fitting day and we do go in for the times allocated with our surnames. We don't need to go in on the 14th because that's the day for PGdip and Bsc midwifery's uniform fitting. Then we go back on Thursday for Induction and Friday for us to be introduced to Programme and module leaders and clinical skills. We officially start lectures on Monday the 21st September. I hope this helps
Reply 654
Hey guys
Am really excited (and really nervous) about starting in 2 week's time... This is going to be amazing!!
Does anyone fancy meeting for a coffee at the Waterloo campus either on Monday 14th, or before the 'course outline' sessions on the Thursday 17th? It would be nice to meet a few friendly faces before we dive into the course!
I am doing the PG Dip mental health, but would be great to meet ppl on other courses too! :-D
Ash
Hey guys,
Congratulations to all of you for securing a place at Kings. :smile:
Have you decided on your accommodation yet? I actually got Great Dover Street Apartments which is about 5mins walk from the Guys campus where all the medicine and nursing lectures are held I think. I really need an ensuite in the Stamford Street Apartments and am looking to swap with anyone interested. If anyone wants to swap apartments or arrange a 3-way apartment swap please contact me. Thanks :smile:
Hi ShinexBright,
Tuesday 15th is just a uniform fitting day and we do go in for the times allocated with our surnames. We don't need to go in on the 14th because that's the day for PGdip and Bsc midwifery's uniform fitting. Then we go back on Thursday for Induction and Friday for us to be introduced to Programme and module leaders and clinical skills. We officially start lectures on Monday the 21st September. I hope this helps

Thank youu akosuamansa! I just had to double check aha :biggrin:
Hopefully I'll see you there :smile:
See you
Original post by Realm1996
Hey! I'm Ryan and I'm also doing the BSc Children's! What accomodation did you get?

Hi Ryan, I'm renting private accommodation with other nurses in Balham SW London, so not staying in halls.
Original post by ceturner89
Hi Ryan, I'm renting private accommodation with other nurses in Balham SW London, so not staying in halls.

Ahhh okay fair enough.. are you doing early enrolment or enrolling with the rest of us

Quick Reply

Latest