Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So im sitting for the igcse english language b exam under edexcel in about a year. i wrote this essay about a really important place. What grade(A*-F) would i get for this essay if i was to write it in the exam. can you please also highlight my mistakes. I would be really grateful. So here its goes...

There were so many colors of flowers, red, blue, green and what not, each waltzing in the gentle breeze when the first rays of each morning crawled through the meadow. It was the most beautiful place and every time I think of that place I feel the most charming feeling run down through me. Rowland Meadows is probably the most soul touching place I have spent my days in till the time it was ruined by bulldozers and tractors. The place was replaced with huge contemporary buildings.

I spent my childhood days there with my lost brother. Each day I spent growing up in that sensational place I would hear the morning calling out my name while the wind sang and the birds hummed. In the weekend mornings my brother and I would play by the small river while a school of colorful trout would swim past. We’d sit on a picnic cloth and admire the glorying beauty as the sun danced to the top of the sky. In the afternoon we’d run around trying to catch pretty butterflies. We’d sit on the soft, green grass and admire the buzzing bees playing hide and seek with the flowers as the sun glared down at us. We went for rides in the small boat. While in the middle of the river my brother would teach me to catch fish with my bare hands. As evening approached we’d eat chocolate chip cookies and chips waiting for the sun to go down. And after the sun went down the gleaming glow of the fireflies would dazzle our eyes, so we’d normally set out with nets to catch them. We’d follow the creaky sound of the crickets and catch them. Of course we’d let them go later on, but it was our own way of having fun.

I loved my brother dearly and promised to always be there for him. But I couldn’t keep my promise. He was run over by a bulldozer while trying to stop it ruining Rowland Meadows. It was that moment my life had come to a screeching halt. His life had passed him by and there was nothing to do but to watch. All the times we spent, playing, arguing, fighting for the last piece of the chocolate chip cookie, indeed everything was over. And soon all the flowers and butterflies had gone too. There were no fireflies at nightfall, no sound of the crickets. The wind seemed to have stopped singing and started growling, and the sun no longer danced to the top of the sky. Rowland Meadows became Hall Road and filled with heavy, breathing people.

Rowland Meadows is the most sensational, important place to me. It no longer exists but I have the memories and they shall live with me for my whole life. I have spent the best days with the closet person, and watched him die on Rowland Meadows. Much of what I know about life, and almost everything I believe about the way I want to live, was formed in these meadows. Whenever I would close my eyes id only see Rowland Meadows.

Thankyou for any effort!

ReputationRep:
    What's the title of the essay? (or the question?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackS94)
    What's the title of the essay? (or the question?)
    "Write about a place which brings strong emotions into you and why"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.