Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi ,

    So when I left school I went straight to university for two years, however I did not pass either of the years... wrong course, stress etc etc.
    I am wanting to go back to a uni (2 years later) and start a new course for teaching. I was wondering what happens student finance wise (do I get funding, if so how much and for what, if not, then a simple no funding).

    Also about applying on UCAS, as in what do I need and is there anything that I should know. Last time I had the help of all my teachers at school so there was no fuss, but I'm on my own now and havent been back to that school in years.

    I am really confused and unsure of the steps I need to be taking, if anyone could help me please do!!
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative

    As you have 2 years previous study that would mean you are 1 year short of full funding from us.

    So if you are doing a three year course, this would mean for years 2 and 3 you will get full funding as normal, but for the first year you will receive maintenance loan only, no grant or tuition fee loan.

    The only way around this is if you are able to apply for compelling personal reasons as to why you were unable to complete the course last time. You would need to provide a letter from the University, a doctor or another professional person, if there were specific factors that prevented you from completing the course. If our assessors approve this, they will award you an extra year of funding, meaning you have enough funding left for full funding for all three years.

    As for UCAS, it would be best to speak to them as we don't really have any involvement with that side of things, but checking out their website would be a good place to start:


    • Thread Starter

    That is really helpful!
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.