Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here learning BSL or learnt it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deary_ma_leary)
    no but i wuld love to learn it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    no but i wuld love to learn it
    im doing my level 2 now and would recommend it to anyone. if you're under 19, your local college should offer it for free if they do it. i did my stage 1 with my drama group but am doing level 2 at a local college.

ReputationRep:
    I know a couple of hand signals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    I know a couple of hand signals.
    bsl signals or waving hello and bye and asking for a cup of tea ?

ReputationRep:
    bsl signals or waving hello and bye and asking for a cup of tea ?
    i know the alphabet...so in theory i could have a whole conversation, it would just take a loooong time...

ReputationRep:
    I've always wanted to learn. Was meant to do it this year as it was my gap year but i messed up my a levels so i'm doing them again. I know the alphabet as well as some american signs.

Wouldn't it be easier if there was one universal sign language? I mean i know there is, but its not commonly used is it?

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who is cant hear and has to comunicate using sighn language and i have known him since kindergarden so i have picked it up over the years ....... im pretty good now, but i wouldnt say perfect.

ReputationRep:
    yea i know it - dont use it much - but sometimes do it in class - its quite cool i found very little people in England use it/know how to use it, whereas in e.g. Germany, many people know sign languages in one form or another

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I've always wanted to learn. Was meant to do it this year as it was my gap year but i messed up my a levels so i'm doing them again. I know the alphabet as well as some american signs.

Wouldn't it be easier if there was one universal sign language? I mean i know there is, but its not commonly used is it?
    it would make as much sense as the whole world speaking the same language. i'd hate for the whole sowrld to speak the same language.
    but even if the universal signs were used by all signers, it would change massively from place to place as BSL does regionally.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.