Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long should I study (AS Level) everyday till May/June? :) watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm really hoping for high A's (AAAA). So far, I just had my Mock results 2 weeks ago with CCEF
    Biology "C", Maths "C", English Language "E" and Chemistry "F" .
    I'm planning to start studying everyday from now on, but how long do you think is ideal to study everyday, 2-3 hours. what about breaks? is 15 - 30 minutes enough?
    I've got 12 papers to sit on May/June, including Edexcel IGCSE English First Language A.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need a schedule just study as much as you can. You'll feel it when you need a break or aren't productive anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest making a revision timetable and doing an hour a night, picking a different subject each day. Also, make sure you put in a 5 minute break after every 20 minutes, good luck hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Don't stress yourself out. A lot of people tend to do bad in mocks. I am currently predicted a B in A2 Biology and in my mock I got an E. That was probably due to not doing a ton of revision for it and having a lot of other things that were more important, such as interviews and coursework, to think about. So I am not overly worried.

If you are worried get some kind of revision guide book and set a plan with that. Last year I did one double spread of revision for each topic a day so that I knew I would have done all needed revision before my exams as well as having some extra time to do past papers.

If you are going to get a revision book however, make sure that you also use your class notes as often the notes you take in class have a lot more detail than in the revision guide, the detail you need in order to get the higher grade.

Good luck I am sure you will do fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BROOCEYLAD)
    Start now and don't let up, past papers and then more past papers.
    (Original post by LucyinLaLaLand)
    Don't stress yourself out. A lot of people tend to do bad in mocks. I am currently predicted a B in A2 Biology and in my mock I got an E. That was probably due to not doing a ton of revision for it and having a lot of other things that were more important, such as interviews and coursework, to think about. So I am not overly worried.

If you are worried get some kind of revision guide book and set a plan with that. Last year I did one double spread of revision for each topic a day so that I knew I would have done all needed revision before my exams as well as having some extra time to do past papers.

If you are going to get a revision book however, make sure that you also use your class notes as often the notes you take in class have a lot more detail than in the revision guide, the detail you need in order to get the higher grade.

Good luck I am sure you will do fine.
    (Original post by Jaxsharpe)
    I suggest making a revision timetable and doing an hour a night, picking a different subject each day. Also, make sure you put in a 5 minute break after every 20 minutes, good luck hope this helps
    (Original post by SiminaM)
    You don't need a schedule just study as much as you can. You'll feel it when you need a break or aren't productive anymore.
    Thanx to all of you who took their time to reply me,
    I'm going to take all your advices into account! I've repped you all

ReputationRep:
    Hi don't worry about mocks as much! Just do something everyday for each of your subjects, and continue focused.I was predicated a c/d for history and ended getting an A in for AS!
    Also, try to do past papers and ask your teachers to mark them, gradually you should improve and become more confident.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anne james)
    I'm really hoping for high A's (AAAA). So far, I just had my Mock results 2 weeks ago with CCEF
    Biology "C", Maths "C", English Language "E" and Chemistry "F" .
    I'm planning to start studying everyday from now on, but how long do you think is ideal to study everyday, 2-3 hours. what about breaks? is 15 - 30 minutes enough?
    I've got 12 papers to sit on May/June, including Edexcel IGCSE English First Language A.
    I got AAAC in my mocks, A in history, A in english combined, A in maths and C in photography. For me, putting a time on revision is ineffective as you focus more on time than on the work. Just do so much so that you are regularly getting the grades you want in past papers, that's what I do.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.