Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I've done the majority of the edexcel physics questions from the A2 book, but I really need more challenging ones to prepare for the exams. Could you guys please recommend some books/booklets? Also is it worth doing the ocr physics a2 past papers or not?

Just for information, i'm doing the 6PH05 and 6PH06 exams
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by ThatWasHard!)
    Hi everyone, I've done the majority of the edexcel physics questions from the A2 book, but I really need more challenging ones to prepare for the exams. Could you guys please recommend some books/booklets? Also is it worth doing the ocr physics a2 past papers or not?

Just for information, i'm doing the 6PH05 and 6PH06 exams
    Have you tried asking your teachers for some more questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Have you tried asking your teachers for some more questions?
    Yeah, but he says use the textbook. I've already completed the textbook so I'm kind of stuck...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatWasHard!)
    Yeah, but he says use the textbook. I've already completed the textbook so I'm kind of stuck...
    No real harm in doing exam questions from other exam boards. Not sure how much harder they will be, though, if at all.

Which physics textbook are you using at the moment? There looks to be a couple of Edexcel-specific ones on Amazon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lolgarithms)
    No real harm in doing exam questions from other exam boards. Not sure how much harder they will be, though, if at all.

Which physics textbook are you using at the moment? There looks to be a couple of Edexcel-specific ones on Amazon.
    I'm using the edexcel physics for A2 (T. Akrill, G. George) one, as well as the edexcel revise physics for edexcel A2 book.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, the website physicsandmathstutor has questions similar to edexcel questions by ocr/aqa that you can do
    Also, check out the edexcel unit 4 thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cerlohee)
    Hey, the website physicsandmathstutor has questions similar to edexcel questions by ocr/aqa that you can do
    Also, check out the edexcel unit 4 thread!
    cheers the website is good! didn't see this post...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 10, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.