Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyway of me renting out a space at the uni for my car or is there anywhere near the uni where I could park my car? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    The university near the south towers is usually fill with cars which do not pay. My friends who studies their has left his car there since he begun his studies (and hasn't paid a thing) and has had no ticket / warning. Plus if you leave it there for like 2 months and get two tickets then who cares? The tickets are only like £20 or something. Paying 2 months of parking for £40???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewif002)
    The university near the south towers is usually fill with cars which do not pay. My friends who studies their has left his car there since he begun his studies (and hasn't paid a thing) and has had no ticket / warning. Plus if you leave it there for like 2 months and get two tickets then who cares? The tickets are only like £20 or something. Paying 2 months of parking for £40???

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh really? I hope there is somewhere to park as I need to take my car! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_01)
    Oh really? I hope there is somewhere to park as I need to take my car! Thank you
    Oh yeah there's PLENTY of parking around the uni, like far too much. Only problem is it's supposed to be paid for, but as I said, nobody bothers.

ReputationRep:
    Okay thank you. I emailed them and they said I'd have to pay a full visitors rate of £8.50 a day?! I'm not paying that lol

ReputationRep:
    I might have the same problem! I messaged my friend who goes there and she said that loads of people park there who live on campus and that the parking is free on weekends and after 4:30 anyway so I'm hoping it'll all just work out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inferiorbeing)
    I might have the same problem! I messaged my friend who goes there and she said that loads of people park there who live on campus and that the parking is free on weekends and after 4:30 anyway so I'm hoping it'll all just work out!
    Yeah I'm not taking my car now and I'm gutted! It seems a bit hit and miss. There was so much parking though so I don't understand! But when I emailed them they were certain that I couldn't take my car unless I pay a fee daily

ReputationRep:
    I'm depending on whether or not I can afford a car before I go or not! I'm going to have to travel home a lot of work and other reasons so I don't know yet as I could take the train home instead..
    that's so unfair as they have so much space! My friend said to email because apparently they might make exceptions but I doubt it if they said no to you. I might just park anyway..

ReputationRep:
    Yes I'm in the exact same situation as you! I'm a young carer for my younger brother so I need to travel home when I need to and not have to rely on public transport. Unfortunately they didn't really give me a choice so the train it is for me!

Haha maybe they won't notice your car is parked there. Who knows!

ReputationRep:
    It's just unfair that they won't make an exception! Surely they should figure out that if we live close enough then we should be able to drive home?! Like if I lived ages away then fair enough no car but I'm literally half hour away and I can't rely on people to drive up to take me home!
    Based on what my friend said I don't think they'll even notice! It seems to be a bit of a stupid rule that no one follows anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you're pretty close then so it makes sense that you are able to leave your car there! Will you be staying on campus or commuting?
    I live about an hour away so maybe getting the train would be better anyway. Insurance is a bomb for me and the maintenance.

Yeah it seems that a few people get away with it so if you can I would!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_01)
    Yeah you're pretty close then so it makes sense that you are able to leave your car there! Will you be staying on campus or commuting?
    I live about an hour away so maybe getting the train would be better anyway. Insurance is a bomb for me and the maintenance.

Yeah it seems that a few people get away with it so if you can I would!
    I'm staying on campus, I know it seems a bit silly but I still want to do the whole uni experience! Just close enough to home and everyone there.. Yeah insurance is ridiculous, it's just painful! Hopefully train will work out okay for you too though!
    I really hope so or else I'm going to have to find somewhere else to park...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know exactly what you mean that's what I wanted to do. I'm not sure if you've applied for accomodation yet but the meadows looked like there was a road outside where cars were parked. I saw on pictures on the website. Maybe you could park it there if you applied to live there (just an idea).

insurance is ridiculous! I passed about 7 months ago and my first year was £1300! It was painful

ReputationRep:
    Ah I've already applied for South courts accommodation, I wasn't keen on that walk late at night or during winter to the meadows. What about you which ones have you gone for?
    That insurance is ridiculous! I only just passed last month so I've been looking around and it hurts to see how much it's all going to cost me!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.