Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How sure were you about your current partner when you first met them? Watch

Did you instantly know you wanted to be with them or did it take a couple of dates for you to know what you wanted?

ReputationRep:
    :lol: It took at least a year of us sleeping together before I decided we should make it more than a 'friends with benefits' sort of arrangement! I've always felt very positive about my partner in terms of friendship, right from the get go, but the romantic element came along much later for me. Couldn't do without him now though.

ReputationRep:
    I swerved her for 4 years like and then when we got to uni I was just 'wow she got soooo fit' and we took it from there

(Original post by superwolf)
    :lol: It took at least a year of us sleeping together before I decided we should make it more than a 'friends with benefits' sort of arrangement! I've always felt very positive about my partner in terms of friendship, right from the get go, but the romantic element came along much later for me. Couldn't do without him now though.
    what made you guys start sleeping together? were you attracted to him? why do you think you didn't feel the "romantic" side of things?

ReputationRep:
    I liked him when we first met. I also considered myself gay at the time. But we kept talking, and then flirting, and then we got together a few weeks later. I stopped caring about what label I stuck on my sexuality at that point - if I was attracted to someone, then I was attracted to someone!

ReputationRep:
    I knew instantly, straight away, that she was the perfect girl and that I want to be with her. Fell in love with her at first sight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    what made you guys start sleeping together? were you attracted to him? why do you think you didn't feel the "romantic" side of things?
    Cos I like sex, he likes sex, why sit around and play scrabble? And really, I'm a far from romantic person. Someone once gave me flowers for Valentines day and I nearly had a fit of hysterics. :teehee: I guess it takes a long time for me to become fully emotionally involved with someone. :dontknow:

And even now, we're in an open relationship. :grin:

ReputationRep:
    I was bargaining on a one-month sexbuddy because I was moving away a few weeks later. Then we accidentally just stayed together. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kopi, ffs)
    I was bargaining on a one-month sexbuddy because I was moving away a few weeks later. Then we accidentally just stayed together. :moon:
    A born romantic. :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    A born romantic. :five:
    Innit. Funnily enough, I am quite a romantik, but also a realist!

Props on maintaining an open relationship by the way; it's not right for me and my boyf but in another life I'd like to. :fluffy:

ReputationRep:
    After about 10 minutes of talking I thought "yup - I like this one". He thought the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kopi, ffs)
    Innit. Funnily enough, I am quite a romantik, but also a realist!

Props on maintaining an open relationship by the way; it's not right for me and my boyf but in another life I'd like to. :fluffy:
    Good combo! :yy:

Thanks, I can definitely see why it wouldn't work for some people, but if you can get the balance right then it is goddamn awesome. :coma:

bump

anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    anyone else?
    No. I'm alright Steve.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I instantly knew I had feelings for him but we were friends and in a way that helped me see how much I wanted him because I got to know him inside out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've never met mine because she, like me, is a ninja and you never see a ninja. Or that's what I tell my self...

(Original post by Ninja_Master9000)
    I've never met mine because she, like me, is a ninja and you never see a ninja. Or that's what I tell my self...
    makes sense

She was really into me but I was still unsure even after a couple of dates. After maybe date number 4 I decided I liked her and asked her to be my gf

ReputationRep:
    I was with someone else when I met my bf. I finished with my then bf coz I liked my current bf's mate (all very confusing!!!!), but unbeknownst to me my bf had 'seen' me first so I was off limits to the others including the one I liked (all very mature :rolleyes: I doubt his friends even liked me!). Then on a group night out I ended up kissing my bf and that was it, 13 years together still very happy!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.