Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    Hi, if anyone has advice on this problem, feel free to give it

    I have a friend I have known for five years, at the start of our friendship we had a spur of the moment one off fling. We had both split with exes and both assumed it was each a moment of madness and there were no feelings attached.

    He then moved on to a new girlfriend and I found someone too. It was hard because I always liked him, bit stepped back and took the part of best friend instead.

    For three years his girlfriend continually cheated on him, and he always stayed with her, I kept my mouth shut and was just there for him every time. If he wanted to stay with her, I wouldnt stop him. One night we were both quite drunk and he kissed me, I stopped him before he went further, he wasn't a bad person he wasn't a cheat, he would regret it, but we talked and found out we had both hoped a relationship had started years ago.

    It was a long time after that when he finally split with his girlfriend. And after a month or two, we ended up back in bed, he told me he wasn't ready for a relationship and neither was I (deep down I wanted one though).

    He has now suddenly stopped speaking to me, I messaged him saying looks forget what happened let's stay friends, and no reply. He has just hurt me massively I have been there for him through all his **** and he could atleast answer me. He also owes me money. I am angry now too, how do I get a explanation and how do I get my money back??

    Money? If it's lost it's lost. Don't waste all your effort (and more money) trying to get it back, just save when you can.
    Also, think about the benefits of being single
    And forget about him. Ignorance is Bliss
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 19, 2015
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.