Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Only had a interview on Friday and I have received a conditional offer to study Primary Education in September 2015 Has anybody else been offered a place?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xcharlotteemma)
    Hey,

Only had a interview on Friday and I have received a conditional offer to study Primary Education in September 2015 Has anybody else been offered a place?
    Hiiii i have an offer for Primary Ed too at SHU! Not sure whether to take it though, cant believe i got one tbh!!x

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have my interview next week. Wondered if you had any advice? How did you find the maths and written tasks and was it a friendly atmosphere? So nervous but excited too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celizjud)
    Hiiii i have an offer for Primary Ed too at SHU! Not sure whether to take it though, cant believe i got one tbh!!x
    Same here, because my interview went so bad haha! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UMB94)
    Hi I have my interview next week. Wondered if you had any advice? How did you find the maths and written tasks and was it a friendly atmosphere? So nervous but excited too!
    Be aware of what is happening in the news, regarding to primary education. The English task was pretty easy, but I found the maths quite hard. It was a nice atmosphere, knowing everyone is in similar positions to yourself. But you need to be creative when doing your task and ask questions. Good luck! 😃

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    Also if you don't mind me asking can you remember what the other people in your group did for their teaching task?
    Slightly worried I might have to wrong idea with what I have planned haha x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UMB94)
    Thank you
    Also if you don't mind me asking can you remember what the other people in your group did for their teaching task?
    Slightly worried I might have to wrong idea with what I have planned haha x
    Your welcome😃
    Well, I used a book and made activites out of it: such as rhyming cards, a mini snap game etc. But obvious you only have 5 minutes to do so.
    Others teached a skill, such as learning how to dance, speak a language - but in some ways I don't believe it shows how creative you can be, you need to be original. Others did mini lessons such as playing a mini phonic bingo game and a shape game.
    It's important to get others involved, and get invovled in others too. And make sure you bring enough resources to show you have thought about it and prepared in advanced, rather doing something which they have seen many times before (you can really tell with some of the interviewers faces if it went bad or they didn't think it was relevant to the course). Hope this help! X

ReputationRep:
    Thank you You've been very helpful! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UMB94)
    Thank you You've been very helpful! x
    Welcome, if you need anymore help don't be afraid to ask 😃
    Good luck! X

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered a place

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just confirmed my place at SHU

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.