Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Any documentaries that I could watch that are on the psychological side of things? We've watched documentaries like Extreme OCD Camp - links to the Abnormality/Individual Differences topic in AQA A - that was played on the BBC.
    Anything else like this???
    or tv shows or movies etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImcalledKat)
    Any documentaries that I could watch that are on the psychological side of things? We've watched documentaries like Extreme OCD Camp - links to the Abnormality/Individual Differences topic in AQA A - that was played on the BBC.
    Anything else like this???
    or tv shows or movies etc
    Dr Christian Jessen did a programme for Channel 4 a while ago entitled 'Undercover Doctor: Cure Me, I'm Gay', in which he sets out to see whether homosexuality can be 'cured'- with links to behaviour and cognition therapy, etc. You may be able to find this.

I'm not sure about any other documentaries, but some films include 'Mockingbird Don't Sing' (Attatchment), or 'A Beautiful Mind' (Living with a mental illness).

There are probably loads that I can't think of.

ReputationRep:
    Theres one called 'how mad am i' which is on youtube that I watched. It highlighted the difficulties in diagnosing mental illnesses

ReputationRep:
    If you look back at the Horizon catalogue they cover a lot of neuroscience/psychology. Recently, there's been "inside the animal mind" on the bbc covering animal cognition.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    BBC did a group of docs, (don't call me crazy, failed by the NHS, diaries of a broken mind) all on youtube
    C4 did 4 docs on mental heath called Bedlam, google has the videos
    BBC history of the mad house a few years ago, on youtube I believe

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.