The Student Room Group

What does this dream mean?

I remember a snippet from my dream where a little girl was floating, stuck, in the middle of a hydroelectric dam... the HE was about to start flowing, which would guarantee the little girl's death.

Everyone was watching from the top, unable to do anything. There was a lot of crying and someone waiting to rescue the girl...

Reply 1
Original post by Joyful_soul
You should stop eating cheese just before going to bed.

:smile:
Were you crying or was it only other people?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dreams don't mean anything. I once had a dream I was eaten by Gimli from Lord of the Rings.
I had a dream the other day that t bag from prisonbreak was trying to saw off my hand with a breadknife

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by channies
Were you crying or was it only other people?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, i was also upset. :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by xMr_BrightSide
Dreams don't mean anything. I once had a dream I was eaten by Gimli from Lord of the Rings.

I disagree...

Whenever I quit something I always get the same dream that represents quitting. The same thing happens for starting something new.

I've had dreams of killing people before, it represents being on the verge of losing self-control and it was the mindset I was in before falling asleep.

Dreams must mean something.
Original post by XZX
I disagree...

Whenever I quit something I always get the same dream that represents quitting. The same thing happens for starting something new.

I've had dreams of killing people before, it represents being on the verge of losing self-control and it was the mindset I was in before falling asleep.

Dreams must mean something.

I think you're just falling foul of confirmation bias. You only remember a very small proportion of your dreams (you have dreams every night, most are very quickly forgotten), and of these you only take note of the ones which are directly relevant or interesting at the time.

You've almost certainly had hundreds of nonsensical dreams, but you only remember the ones which have 'meaning' because they are so notable. The rest, you don't.

Also, the statement 'dreams must mean something' is way too strong, as you'd have to find meanings in every dream ever had for it to be true. If you attempt that, it just becomes an exercise in speculation.
Yes, i was also upset. :frown:

The girl might represent a version of you from the past. The child is in danger but you cannot do anything to save them you just have to wait it out so changes are happening in your life and you yourself might have lost your way or feel lost at the moment, and you feel out of control and powerless to do anything about it. The fact that you are standing high above may mean that you've changed a lot and are far from how you used to be. The crying could also mean that you cannot release your emotions and express them in real life. This is my interpretation. Freud would argue differently I'm sure

Posted from TSR Mobile
I remember a snippet from my dream where a little girl was floating, stuck, in the middle of a hydroelectric dam... the HE was about to start flowing, which would guarantee the little girl's death.

Everyone was watching from the top, unable to do anything. There was a lot of crying and someone waiting to rescue the girl...

If she was at the water surface I think it's quite unlikely she'd be sucked into the turbine?
(edited 9 years ago)
Hmmm...I think you should learn to swim and stay away from dams. For real though, dreams often make you feel powerless what ever it be such as running in slow motion or seeing a loved one die. So don't worry about it.

Quick Reply

Latest