The Student Room Group

Make-up artistry portfolio

Been sifting through many threads and havent really come across any substantial information that helps...

Ive recently applied to Bournemouth Arts and University of the arts London for Make-up Artistry and at the moment im struggling quite a bit with the portfolio work and what to include.

For UAL they want a online electronic portfolio for pre-selection then Bournemouth want a portfolio book, if anyone could shed light on either of these or if you are currently doing the same as me then id appreciate the help.

kelly
Reply 1
Hey!
I've applied for both of your above choices, I've already sent my photos off to London and I'm waiting to hear back and I've got an interview for Bournemouth coming up! I've presented all my work in a A1 portfolio case, but I guess it's ip to you what size you preferr:smile: I've put in my makeup work along with research and development of my ideas along with all my drawings separate! Hope this helps any questions feel free to ask! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Hey,

Seems like your all ready! Im still getting things together, i hzave till next friday to send off for UAL. And havent even started my book, so all very panicky at the moment!
Did you manage to put all 15 images online for the UAL then? Im finding it hard to know what to put on flickr for UAL.
Reply 3
Yeah I wouldn't worry too much they take quite a while to get back after you've sent your photos off so youl probably have time to sort your book out then! I just sent all my best make-ups which were mainly creative along with drawings skills of life drawings and primary! I got told they like to see your development aswell so I sent photos of my sketchbook work aswell as the finish product :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need to send off my 15 photos this weekend, what kind of things have you put in there because I'm struggling, do we have to put makeup pics or are they just pics that relate to us?x
Reply 5
I would of thought you'd have to send photos of your own work x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay thankyou, do they all have to be pics of our work or can they be pics to do with us aswell that we have taken?xx
Reply 7
Hmm I'm not completely sure tbh, I know my friend was talking to the woman on the fashion course at London and she said she likes to see thing that inspire you, or are you meaning pictures of things you have been involved in work experience etc? x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay cool thankyou x
Reply 9
Have you guys uploaded your best stuff? I am worried to do that and then have nothing good if they invite me for an interview.
Reply 10
Hi, have any of you heard from UAL regarding interviews yet?? I submitted online portfolio wednesday (fingers crossed lol). Just wondering how long it took Bournemouth to get back to you? I haven't had a response yet and it has nearly been 4 weeks :-(
Reply 11
It took a few weeks for me to get my interview to Bournemouth and nope I haven't heard anything back from London :frown: it's been ages aswell!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest