Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Please could someone quickly cheak my french writting exam to see if it makes sense Watch

ReputationRep:
    Picture of text I'd attached, thank you
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I didn't do the French text, but I did, um, "cheak" your threat title and award you a 3/10 for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harvey Dent)
    I didn't do the French text, but I did, um, "cheak" your threat title and award you a 3/10 for it.
    Wow some people are so rude! Thanks anyway I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freya56678)
    Wow some people are so rude! Thanks anyway I guess
    You'll thank me for it later. You put those kind of sloppy mistakes in a CV or job application and guess who's going to spend the rest of their lives homeless?

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ GCSE writing essays.

It's fairly good for a GCSE piece, but remember to say 'j'aime' rather than je aime which is incorrect

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You'll thank me for it later. You put those kind of sloppy mistakes in a CV or job application and guess who's going to spend the rest of their lives homeless?
    Hahaha wow! Well it's a good job there wasn't any mistakes on my cv when I got that high paid job at a wealthy family estate!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midgemeister7)
    Lol @ GCSE writing essays.

It's fairly good for a GCSE piece, but remember to say 'j'aime' rather than je aime which is incorrect

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha wow! Well it's a good job there wasn't any mistakes on my cv when I got that high paid job at a wealthy family estate!!
    *Weren't.

ReputationRep:
    *Weren't.
    Next time you correct my grammar, please make sure you know that both "weren't" and "wasn't" are grammatically correct when speaking in the past tense

ReputationRep:
    Next time you correct my grammar, please make sure you know that both "weren't" and "wasn't" are grammatically correct when speaking in the past tense
    He is being a bit of a d*ck but is correct in this case. Weren't applies to plural forms that are in the past tense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midgemeister7)
    He is being a bit of a d*ck but is correct in this case. Weren't applies to plural forms that are in the past tense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Fair play

ReputationRep:
    Picture of text I'd attached, thank you
    Hello, here are some things that I noticed about your text:
    • Your spelling of certain words does not seem to be consistent ('je vais en vacances au Royaume-Uni avec ma famile' 'Comme une famille') The one in blue is the correct spelling so you should make sure to use it throughout.
    • Remember contractions ('Je aime' should be 'j'aime' and 'ce etait' should be 'c'était')
    • You're a girl, so when you say 'Je suis allé' you need to add an extra 'e' to make it 'Je suis allée' Remember this with adjectives too 'je suis impatiente'
    • In some instances you are forgetting to conjugate verbs properly ('Parfois nous faire le camping' should be 'Parfois nous faisons le camping' and 'ma mère et moi aime' should be 'aimons'
    • 'Nous la fais l'histoire d'amour' - I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
    • 'La vacances' is incorrect- it is always plural, so 'les vacances'
    • Instead of 'vous obtenez de gouter' I would say 'vous avez l'opportunité...'
    • 'Mon fait de la plongée' Should be 'j'ai fait de la plongée' (I assume you're trying to say 'I went diving')

Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claros)
    Hello, here are some things that I noticed about your text:
    • Your spelling of certain words does not seem to be consistent ('je vais en vacances au Royaume-Uni avec ma famile' 'Comme une famille') The one in blue is the correct spelling so you should make sure to use it throughout.
    • Remember contractions ('Je aime' should be 'j'aime' and 'ce etait' should be 'c'était')
    • You're a girl, so when you say 'Je suis allé' you need to add an extra 'e' to make it 'Je suis allée' Remember this with adjectives too 'je suis impatiente'
    • In some instances you are forgetting to conjugate verbs properly ('Parfois nous faire le camping' should be 'Parfois nous faisons le camping' and 'ma mère et moi aime' should be 'aimons'
    • 'Nous la fais l'histoire d'amour' - I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.
    • 'La vacances' is incorrect- it is always plural, so 'les vacances'
    • Instead of 'vous obtenez de gouter' I would say 'vous avez l'opportunité...'
    • 'Mon fait de la plongée' Should be 'j'ai fait de la plongée' (I assume you're trying to say 'I went diving')

Hope this helps
    thanks you very much! This is very helpful

ReputationRep:
    Claros has already pointed out a few errors, but I've spotted some more:

- "Nous restons dans hôtels et campings" - unlike English, you need articles in front of "hôtels" and "campings" - Nous restons dans des hôtels et des campings

- "Je peux courir avec ma soeur et de pratiquer du foot" - the verb pouvoir is followed by an infinitive, so you don't need "de" here. Also, it's "faire du foot".

- "Comme une famille" - if you want to say "as a family", you say "en famille".

- "...les lieux historiques qui ma mère et moi aime" - you need agreement (mother and myself = we, "nous", therefore it's "aimons") and also, you need to use "que" instead of "qui". The historical sites act as the object of the sentence (i.e that which you like).

- "mon dos fait toujours mal de la marche" - do you mean to say that walking gives you a sore back? If so, try, "J'avais du mal au dos après avoir trop marché", or something.

- "vous obtenez un bronzage" - vous pouvez vous bronzer.

- Je suis allée en Grèce.

Si elides if the next word begins with a vowel, so it needs to be "s'il pleut".

That's by no means everything, and as I said, Claros already pointed some stuff out.

ReputationRep:
    I can't see that anyone else has pointed this out...

'L'année prochaine, je vais allée en vacances' Je vais + infinitive = near future. Allée is the part participle of Aller agreeing with a feminine pronoun. I guess you got mixed up with 'Je suis allée', but it should be 'Je vais aller'

Don't forget your teacher can help you with all of this

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.