Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

so I have the official OCR examboard textbook for AS Biology, but it's a bit lengthy and boring to read.
    I was about to buy a CGP revision guide to help me prepare for my mocks, but I've been told to buy the CGP student book instead by someone who says it's much better than the official textbook and the CGP revision guide.

Anyone any experiences with these books?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    By official OCR textbook do you mean the black one? If so, everyone at my school recommends it because it's really easy to understand, so I'd say read it even if you find it boring I quite like CGP, and I'd have to agree and say get the student guide rather than the revision guide. My A2 book is called 'A2-Level Biology, the Complete Course for OCR', and I wish I'd had the AS book last year! For AS I did have the revision guide which is much shorter but lacks a lot of detail that you really do need to know if you want to get a good grade.

TL;DR: buy the Complete Course for OCR and not the revision guide.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 19, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.