The Student Room Group

If you haven't heard from a uni through UCAS is it worth emailing?

It's been two months.. I've got two offers and a rejection from Sheffield Uni, the two unis I'm waiting on are Nottingham & York, as I got rejected from Sheffield because of my access course being 'unsuitable' I really don't think it's realistic i'll get in to either unis now, I'm just confused as to why I haven't heard back at all after so long! I know it's a waiting game though just a lot of people on my course have got interviews and a friend recently didn't hear back from a uni so she called them and shes got an interview next week, though i'm doing psychology so don't know whether it applies to me as psychology courses don't usually offer interviews, so don't know whether it's worth it to email?
It's best to wait a while longer because some universities decide to wait until after the January deadline to send offers so they can consider all applicants. My friend is still waiting for a reply from York (Biochemistry) so I wouldn't worry for now if I was you. If they do not reply by late February/March then I would probably email.
Reply 2
Original post by clover126
It's best to wait a while longer because some universities decide to wait until after the January deadline to send offers so they can consider all applicants. My friend is still waiting for a reply from York (Biochemistry) so I wouldn't worry for now if I was you. If they do not reply by late February/March then I would probably email.

Ok thank you, much appreciated.
I suggest that you leave it and don't email. Offers have been known to come incredibly later than expected; they still have your application and they are obviously still considering it seeing as they've had it for such a while. Just relax and think positively, we can never no for sure exactly what they are looking for.

Best of luck with your application! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending