Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I am in year 10 right now, I am sitting my unit 1 core science in may this year, how can I achieve an A or better yet an A* in it? and how can I achieve my GCSE grades?

My GCSE Target

English A-A*
    Math A
    Business A-A*
    ICT A*
    History B-A
    Physics A
    Biology A
    Chemistry B-A
    French C-B

ReputationRep:
    ...by working?

ReputationRep:
    I thought u could only sit your exams in yr 11 summer time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OmarHamdy)
    So I am in year 10 right now, I am sitting my unit 1 core science in may this year, how can I achieve an A or better yet an A* in it? and how can I achieve my GCSE grades?

My GCSE Target

English A-A*
    Math A
    Business A-A*
    ICT A*
    History B-A
    Physics A
    Biology A
    Chemistry B-A
    French C-B

smoke weed... ^ too much stress up there man... jus' toke it up here n there otherwise you'll implode from the pressure, rendering your mind incapable of functioning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippity.doodah)
    ...by working?
    Yes, but when should I start? I have my unit 1 core science in may along with mice and men in English

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chukster97)
    I thought u could only sit your exams in yr 11 summer time?
    I am sitting my Unit 1 core science in may along with Mice and Men in English, when should I start revising ?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but when should I start? I have my unit 1 core science in may along with mice and men in English
    Start now and get used to revising because GCSEs are nothing to a levels you'll need those revision techniques if you choose a level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Caz_)
    Start now and get used to revising because GCSEs are nothing to a levels you'll need those revision techniques if you choose a level.
    I won't be taking A Levels as I am looking to go and study in the US, so I shall be taking IB. Should I only be revising for my science exam?

ReputationRep:
    I won't be taking A Levels as I am looking to go and study in the US, so I shall be taking IB. Should I only be revising for my science exam?
    Revise for everything! Don't limit your options by not revising some of your subjects.

ReputationRep:

My GCSE Target

English A-A*
    Math A
    Business A-A*
    ICT A*
    History B-A
    Physics A
    Biology A
    Chemistry B-A
    French C-B
    CHEM PHY AND BIO USE CGP BOOKS THEY ARE AMAZING I GOT A IN PHYSICS, A IN BIO AND 3 MARKS OF AN A FOR CHEM and trust me i had rubbish teachers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by star80)
    CHEM PHY AND BIO USE CGP BOOKS THEY ARE AMAZING I GOT A IN PHYSICS, A IN BIO AND 3 MARKS OF AN A FOR CHEM and trust me i had rubbish teachers
    Does this work correspondingly to the aqa paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, you are able to utilise the books for the AQA board, seeing as I'm working against AQA and am using those fantastic resources myself.

ReputationRep:
    Prioitise your weaker subjects first.

ReputationRep:

My GCSE Target

English A-A*
    Math A
    Business A-A*
    ICT A*
    History B-A
    Physics A
    Biology A
    Chemistry B-A
    French C-B

Do every past paper you can, get someone to test you on everything, get the specification and make sure you know it inside out - it's easy to think you know something after reading it through once or twice, but doing past questions will help you realise if you actually do, and will also give you a good idea of the types of questions the exam boards frequently ask

ReputationRep:
    Does this work correspondingly to the aqa paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes in my view if your doing triple award science use CGP.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.