What aexactly is a graduate level job?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
For example would a job in IT thay pays say £25k a year and you need a degree to do it (but they don't say this on the job advert just in case some hightly suitable candindates apply without a degree) would this be considered a graudate level job?
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
For example would a job in IT thay pays say £25k a year and you need a degree to do it (but they don't say this on the job advert just in case some hightly suitable candindates apply without a degree) would this be considered a graudate level job?
Graduate Job = Job that requires the knowledge and skills that you acquire through gaining a higher level qualification (IMO anyway). I don't think salary really matters but I'm going to assume that any job needing these skills will pay fairly well.

Yeah I think the job you described would be graduate level employment (again this is my opinion only).
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
:confused: Is a job that you need a degree to do a graduate level job? Haven't you answered the question yourself?
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by shiny)
:confused: Is a job that you need a degree to do a graduate level job? Haven't you answered the question yourself?
But its not quite that simple, for example most I.T jobs you probably don't need to be a graduate to physicaly do, but the market forces mean that you need be a graduate.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (240)
47.06%
Take exams next summer (69)
13.53%
Change uni choice through clearing (111)
21.76%
Apply to uni next year instead (53)
10.39%
I'm not applying to university (37)
7.25%

Watched Threads