Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me. I'm an A grade student and think of myself as being okay at languages. I had a spanish teacher for 2 years and during that time I did 3 controlled assessments with and got As and Bs but then she left and a new teacher took her place. I did one assessment in writing with her and I was shocked to see she marked it a D, very close to an E. The majority of the class got these grades. She went through and showed me where I went wrong but she literally pointed out 3 mistakes and said you understand why its D/E grade don't you? I really think it was NOT such a bad piece of writing, especially not to be graded this low. We went through some other students assessments sent by AQA and she asked us what we would give it and everyone said A and she said AQA gave it A* but to me it's a B/C level work! I really don't think it's fair what grade she gave me and I was wondering whether there was anything I could do? She said I could retake it but she's just going to give me another bad grade any help would be appreciated! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, If I were you, go to the Spanish specification on AQA and look at what you need in controlled assessments for an A* standard. I also think that you should ask another Spanish teacher at the department and ask if what mark your controlled assessment would be. If the grades differ from the teacher you have, complain about it and explain it (please do not argue!).
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.