Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hello, I've got an interview for a recruitment consultant position soon. My issue is that I have a stable job at the moment earning 18K a year. The recruitment position is 21K basic and extra commission on top, but I don't know how the commission structure works yet. I also don't know if I'd enjoy the job, or what my salary would realistically be (they say 30K? Is this attainable?) What do you think?

Is it a stupid decision to quit my stable job for one I might hate, but with a better salary?

If I were in your shoes, I wouldn't. I think how the commission works is if you successfully get a candidate a job then you get around £1k-£2k. However, if you put the candidates forward and the employer doesn't like them, it won't look good on you. Having said that, if you are good at talking i.e. bsing/stretching the truth/lying from time to time then it might a good job for you. More often than not, people usually leave after 3 years or so because they are worn out from that.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.