Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sorry for the negativity and I feel as if I should warn anyone who's depressed to not read on because it's negative.

I don't want to be old. I don't want my body to deteriorate and I don't want to lose my mental capacity. I don't mean this as insulting older people but it's how I'm feeling and, perhaps I'm unfairly thinking of the worst things, but I can't help it and I'm struggling to see myself having a future because of this.

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe keep fit and eat healthily, if you don't already? It might make you feel a little more confident and help ward off what you're scared of.

ReputationRep:
    Ive come to really respect older people. They are often really knowledgeable and you can learn a lot from them... and of course you can love life at any age

ReputationRep:
    We all get old and we will all die. What we do between now and then is up to us.
    Take good care of yourself through diet, exercise and being true to what you want in life.
    Don't live in the future, no-one knows what will happen there. The only true time we have is the present moment, try to enjoy it. Make reasonable plans/goals for the future but don't live there, it doesn't exist.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 23, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.