Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I can't listen to one of my favourite songs anymore... watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I was on YouTube listening to one of my favourite songs, I don't usually venture on to the comments section but I was slightly bored so I read a few of them. There was talk of something sick that was associated with this song, I looked into it and I WISH I HADN'T!

I found one of the most sickest videos I've ever found and it has a connection to my favourite song, the video is about a real sick event that makes me want to puke. Now I can't listen to one of my favourite songs as I keep getting reminded of this sick video.

Now what do I do? Find some new music to listen to?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/rossalynwarr...-gave-no-fxcks

Not this by any chance

ReputationRep:
    changed my mind about posting what i posted.

ReputationRep:
    lol this happens to entire playlists for me every time a relationship ends!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unfathomablee)

Not this by any chance
    No, that wouldn't be enough to put me off a song.

By sick I mean murdering someone in a horrible way and then uploading the video to a site.

To cut a long story short I'm talking about the song True Faith by New Order. I won't go into detail as I hope no one else suffers from watching this sick video. All I'll say is that a sick murder is connected to this song, it's enough to stop me from listening to this song.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adipoptosis)
    lol this happens to entire playlists for me every time a relationship ends!
    me too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XZX)
    Hello all,

I was on YouTube listening to one of my favourite songs, I don't usually venture on to the comments section but I was slightly bored so I read a few of them. There was talk of something sick that was associated with this song, I looked into it and I WISH I HADN'T!

I found one of the most sickest videos I've ever found and it has a connection to my favourite song, the video is about a real sick event that makes me want to puke. Now I can't listen to one of my favourite songs as I keep getting reminded of this sick video.

Now what do I do? Find some new music to listen to?

Thanks.

I looked into the song, but not the murder.
    It truly sucks that this happened, but I'm sure many of the world's most psychotic, ****ed up criminals listened to/liked bands and songs that you (and I, and everyone else) listened to/liked. It's unavoidable. Music was made for the public.
    Maybe try to avoid listening to it for a while? Come back to it when the video isn't fresh in your mind anymore?

ReputationRep:
    what is the song called?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XZX)
    No, that wouldn't be enough to put me off a song.

By sick I mean murdering someone in a horrible way and then uploading the video to a site.

To cut a long story short I'm talking about the song True Faith by New Order. I won't go into detail as I hope no one else suffers from watching this sick video. All I'll say is that a sick murder is connected to this song, it's enough to stop me from listening to this song.
    (Original post by Unicorn16)
    what is the song called?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bianca2402)
    I looked into the song, but not the murder.
    It truly sucks that this happened, but I'm sure many of the world's most psychotic, ****ed up criminals listened to/liked bands and songs that you (and I, and everyone else) listened to/liked. It's unavoidable. Music was made for the public.
    Maybe try to avoid listening to it for a while? Come back to it when the video isn't fresh in your mind anymore?
    I think you misunderstand, the sick video has this song playing in the background whilst he murders someone in a very disgusting way. If it was just that he likes listening to this song then I wouldn't care less.

I think if you read into the murder and maybe even watched the video you'd understand, but I DON'T recommend it.

I'll probably do as you suggested, I guess I'll have to listen to new music and see if there's anything decent.

ReputationRep:
    Just look at the top comment on that video, how can people even joke about it? There's some sick people in this world, we can only hope they burn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XZX)
    I think you misunderstand, the sick video has this song playing in the background whilst he murders someone in a very disgusting way. If it was just that he likes listening to this song then I wouldn't care less.

I think if you read into the murder and maybe even watched the video you'd understand, but I DON'T recommend it.

I'll probably do as you suggested, I guess I'll have to listen to new music and see if there's anything decent.
    I'm not misunderstanding this, I guess I just worded my reply awkwardly. I did read into the story (long Rolling Stone article), I understand how it's been used. I'd rather not watch the video...I'm assuming by the time you had read through the comments you had already seen the video? Otherwise you probably shouldn't have watched it...

The song is great, I hope you don't let it get tainted by what this psychotic individual used it for. That's why I'm saying you should take a break from it for a longer time. Come back to it in some months, maybe a year, you might feel differently and be OK with listening to it again.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not misunderstanding this, I guess I just worded my reply awkwardly. I did read into the story (long Rolling Stone article), I understand how it's been used. I'd rather not watch the video...I'm assuming by the time you had read through the comments you had already seen the video? Otherwise you probably shouldn't have watched it...

The song is great, I hope you don't let it get tainted by what this psychotic individual used it for. That's why I'm saying you should take a break from it for a longer time. Come back to it in some months, maybe a year, you might feel differently and be OK with listening to it again.
    I read the comments first and even read the Wiki page first. However, I can't help myself, I'm way too curious, I tried to forget what I read but I gave up in the end and wound up watching the video.

I always do the same thing, in the past I've watched a video that had a similar title to this one, I knew it was about a couple of kids killing over 20 people with sharp and blunt tools yet I still watched it. The point being that I probably should have some sort of safe search filter on my browser or else I'll end up watching another on of these types of sick videos soon.

Anyway thanks for the advice, I'll probably do as you suggested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XZX)
    Just look at the top comment on that video, how can people even joke about it? There's some sick people in this world, we can only hope they burn.
    I know, I don't understand how some people can be so insensitive...I guess it's their way of coping with it...

The one good thing I found among these comments was a link to the Rolling Stone article I mentioned. I didn't need to look for the video to understand what the comments were all about.

What other music do you listen to? You could also try http://www.music-map.com/ to find artists similar to New Order.

Hope you'll be able to re-listen to & re-love the song in the future.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...adist-20140319

For anyone wondering about the story.

Haven't seen the video, don't particularly want to. It's a shame that's a good song but struggling to listen to it too....

ReputationRep:
    so anyone here a fan of Lostprophets?

(Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    so anyone here a fan of Lostprophets?
    I really like(d?) Start Something. But I feel bad when I hear one of their songs lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unfathomablee)

Not this by any chance
    Woah..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    I really like(d?) Start Something. But I feel bad when I hear one of their songs lol
    all about Last Train Home bruh

(Original post by Smash Bandicoot)
    all about Last Train Home bruh
    Last Summer :cry2:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.