Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

lets face it women are much more engaging than men watch

ReputationRep:
    I always feel females are much more engaging and easier to talk too than men. Men are so boring in comparison, its the lack of expression that gets me, like their mouth moves, words come out and thats it really.

Women are so much more engaging and expressive in comparison, not the same boring tone of voice, smiles raising their eyebrows, asking personal stuff about you when you make a decent contribution to conversation(helps getting to know each other.

I really dont know why men have so much trouble relating to women. I just wondered if any other guys share a similar view?

ReputationRep:
    As a man of course women will be a lot more engaging for me, they have boobs and a vagina.

Ohh, and a personality:yy:

ReputationRep:
    I know some awfully boring women. I also know some incredibly interesting men.

Generalisations like this are almost always inaccurate, because the variance between personalities means gender becomes just another variable amongst many.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it really depends on your gender and personality.
    I usually enjoy talking and playing games with guys rather than girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garydee)
    I always feel females are much more engaging and easier to talk too than men. Men are so boring in comparison, its the lack of expression that gets me, like their mouth moves, words come out and thats it really.

Women are so much more engaging and expressive in comparison, not the same boring tone of voice, smiles raising their eyebrows, asking personal stuff about you when you make a decent contribution to conversation(helps getting to know each other.

I really dont know why men have so much trouble relating to women. I just wondered if any other guys share a similar view?
    In my experience women more often than men don't really seem to have any interests of hobbies or passions, which makes for an extremely boring person.

ReputationRep:
    You're using anecdotal evidence to generalise both men and women, that is a very dangerous way of thinking. There are vastly different personalities among both genders. I know of very "boring" girls and outgoing guys.

ReputationRep:
    honestly? its the other way round for me, for the majority that i know that is. from my personal experience
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Women can be boring just as much as men can. I've lost count of how many girls i've met who have no opinion on anything and don't have any interests other than going out with ''the girlies'', or uploading selfies to Instagram.

Male friends are better at certain things and female friends are better at certain things, which is why it's healthy to have a mix of both in your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birkenhead)
    In my experience women more often than men don't really seem to have any interests of hobbies or passions, which makes for an extremely boring person.

Most people dont have interesting hobbies, and you shouldnt need that in order to try and connect with people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garydee)
    Most people dont have interesting hobbies, and you shouldnt need that in order to try and connect with people.
    Many people have strong interests, passions, activities...if someone doesn't I find them extremely boring, and for some reason it seems to be significantly more the case for women than for men.

ReputationRep:
    I'm female and I'd completely disagree D:

ReputationRep:
    In my experience, which may or may not represent a general trend, men have more interesting things to talk about whilst women simply think they do.

ReputationRep:
    guys are more interesting to talk to as they're not afraid to tease you occasionally so makes the conversation a bit more interesting tbh

ReputationRep:
    Both genders can be just as banal as eachother. But I've come across more banal women than men by far. Women who have the personality of Resident Evil Zombies, no opinion of anything important except making sure they're getting a decent angle for the daily Starbucks cup Instagram pic
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    What on Earth are you talking about? lol

ReputationRep:
    I prefer talking to guys most of the time. They are funny and theres no *****iness involved or drama.

ReputationRep:
    Let's face it, you're a ****ing idiot.....

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I've generally found that guys usually make more of an effort to talk to me although recently I've talked a fair amount with girls, there's pros & cons of both tbh

ReputationRep:
    nice thread OP

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl and I think you really can't generalise about something like this.

Some of the people saying that boys are 'less dramatic' etc. are either stereotyping or obviously haven't met many girls that are more than just being dramatic and *****y. I have really close friends who are both boys and girls and I am so thankful that I don't have anyone in my year like that... or perhaps I just subconsciously surround myself with people who aren't dull as **** and are instead as animated and interesting as one another to talk to.. no matter their gender.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.