Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

I'm new to this so I'll start with an apology if this is in the wrong place!

My final offer came this evening and so now I have to reply soon. I applied to study law in Exeter, Reading, Kent, Cardiff and Surrey and got a conditional offer for all (AAB) Since they want the same and I'm not too concerned with distance from home as none but Cardiff are close, I was wondering what it's like in these unis?

Unfortunately I didn't quite take the process seriously and didn't visit any, and now I wish I had! I'm leaning towards Exeter as my first choice purely for course content, but there's other things to consider too so I'm wondering in general what the university and the city is like?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paigerichards)
    Hi all!

I'm new to this so I'll start with an apology if this is in the wrong place!

My final offer came this evening and so now I have to reply soon. I applied to study law in Exeter, Reading, Kent, Cardiff and Surrey and got a conditional offer for all (AAB) Since they want the same and I'm not too concerned with distance from home as none but Cardiff are close, I was wondering what it's like in these unis?

Unfortunately I didn't quite take the process seriously and didn't visit any, and now I wish I had! I'm leaning towards Exeter as my first choice purely for course content, but there's other things to consider too so I'm wondering in general what the university and the city is like?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exeter is a small lovely city and the campus is amongst the most gorgeous anywhere. you will find it takes many welsh students. what I would suggest is to go on a visit day to see for yourself. it is very easy to get to from south wales. train to Bristol parkway then change to Exeter st davids. the uni is about 15 minute walk but be warned it is hilly or a couple of minutes by taxi. if your unable to go on a visit day they do campus tours daily in term. book one of them and email the dept to see if you can meet someone to talk about the department. you could also easily visit Cardiff and reading as they are fairly close

ReputationRep:
    I'm firming Kent to study Law, also received offers from Exeter and Surrey among others Canterbury (where the Kent campus for Law is) is so beautiful, I live in Kent not too far from Canterbury and it's just wonderful and apparently has a great night life. The university campus itself is gorgeous, same as Surrey to be honest. I think Kent had more of a friendly "homely" atmosphere for me when I went to the open day, not just because I live in the county, the students and staff were so welcoming and the campus is so open.

Let me know if you have any questions!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies 😊

I replied recently and made Exeter my firm choice and Kent my insurance! It was a hard choice but I had a gut feeling about Exeter and I found out from family friends who had been that it was an amazing university and s great city.

Kent wanted very slightly lower grades so it made sense to make them my insurance choice, I think I'll be happy where ever I go though since I've heard great things about both!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.