Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've applied to do child nursing at Sheffield Hallam to start in September and wondered if anybody else who's applied has heard anything back yet

ReputationRep:
    I have seen some people on here who have had interviews and offers already but I didn't hear back til late February last year and didn't have my interview til the end of April and I start there in march x

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thankyou for replying 😄Okydoke thanks I'm so impatient. What was the interview like did you have to do a maths and English test aswell?😁

ReputationRep:
    The interview was fine really nice and relaxed there is no maths and English tests you have a group task first and there are people watching how you interact with others in your group then you watch a video of a scenario that could happen in a hospital then you have a individual interview where they ask you about the video and then ask you the normal interview questions x

ReputationRep:
    I applied last november and didn't hear anything back until start of march... There all really nice and will expect you to be nervous

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou both put me at a ease a bit, seem to see everything on here about other courses but not child nursing haha. Thankyou😄😄

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've got an interview at Sheffield Hallam for child nursing tomorrow! Anyone know what sort of questions they ask? And is there a maths and English test?

Don't worry if you haven't heard back yet, my friend hasn't either and no news is usually good news!

ReputationRep:
    There is no maths and English tests they usually ask about any current issues and why you want to be a children's nurse and most of their questions usually involve relevant skills and experience x

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I just came across this thread and saw you had an interview the same day as me. Just wondering how you got on? Did you get an offer? I did but it's for Sept. 2016 which feels like ages away! Hope your interview went well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joni16)
    Hi, I just came across this thread and saw you had an interview the same day as me. Just wondering how you got on? Did you get an offer? I did but it's for Sept. 2016 which feels like ages away! Hope your interview went well.
    If you contact them and say you would like to start earlier if places become available you might get moved up I know a quite a few people did last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojolacey1990)
    If you contact them and say you would like to start earlier if places become available you might get moved up I know a quite a few people did last year
    Can you do this for Sept 2017? I have been offered March 2018 but really do not want to wait. If I contact them might I get an earlier offer? What is the best way to do this? Thanks for any help.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Zduffy)
    Can you do this for Sept 2017? I have been offered March 2018 but really do not want to wait. If I contact them might I get an earlier offer? What is the best way to do this? Thanks for any help.
    Hi Zduffy,

I'd definitely give Admissions a call and ask about it. You never know, it might be a possibility and the only way to find out is by asking the question. Call us on 0114 225 5555 and ask to speak to Admissions for Child Nursing. They will be able to answer any questions you've got and tell you what you need to do to be considered for a September start, if it is possible.

If not, March isn't too much later and you could use that time to get some more experience under your belt.

Laura

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 30, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.