Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How difficult is the occupational therapy degree?
    Are there a lot of assessments and does it get overwhelmingly stressful?
    I know you have to work really hard at any course at uni but OT compared to degrees such as psychology or anthropology, which has the highest workload?

ReputationRep:
    This is what I was wondering too so hopefully if it gets bumped up then we'll get a answer

ReputationRep:
    i guess you have the added element of placements, which when speaking to previous OT students, has been very tiring and emotionally/mentally/physically tough. the OT degree is funded by the NHS so you are expected to be commited and work very hard. I recently exchanged emails with an experienced OT (i am a prospective OT student too) she said that if you aren't 100% passionate and dedicated to OT, then it may be wise to think again, as many on her course dropped out because of the commitment to the profession which was required. Thats the info i have gathered from extensive research and speaking to OTs and OT students!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.