A Level Choices

Is it true that having at least one of these subjects is okay:

Maths
Science
English
Modern Language
Geography
History

Can i for example take just geography with other 3 A Levels that are not on that list?

Geography is the only subject i enjoy and will do well i think. It's my best subject (Grade A/A*).

Need advice please :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Schu98

Maths
Science
English
Modern Language
Geography
History

Can i for example take just geography with other 3 A Levels that are not on that list?

Geography is the only subject i enjoy and will do well i think. It's my best subject (Grade A/A*).

It depends what you want to do. A little more information would be nice - you planning on going to Uni, aiming for Oxbridge/RG, any course in mind?

Ultimately you can take whatever A levels you like. Just remember some A levels are less credible than others so that's something you have to take into consideration
Reply 2
Original post by Schu98
I'm not entirely sure. I mean, i would like to do a Japanese language course at university, head abroad in the future and do some form of translation work, or some form of national television subtitling. Sounds lame haha.

If you want to study languages at Uni, taking a language at A level would be ideal. Not essential as I believe you can get ab initio (when you star the languagefrom scratch) courses with only a language GCSE, but I think it'd help

If you're aiming for a top Uni, Oxbridge etc, I'd suggest picking a maximum of two (and ideally drop one of them at A2) "soft" subjects. Bearing in mind that the list you gave is not the full list of traditional subjects, though.

I'd say ultimately grades are priority. As long as your subjects are somewhat respected (unless you want to go into that area) - so if you want to go into languages something like art, media, drama and ICT would be something to avoid.

What would you say your five best subjects are? That would be a good start where to get an idea for A levels imo.
Original post by Schu98

Maths
Science
English
Modern Language
Geography
History

If you're aiming for a Russel Group, you should have two of the subjects you mentioned.

Other unis won't care.

Remember,

Religious Studies,
Economics and
English language are also looked well upon.
Original post by Schu98

Maths
Science
English
Modern Language
Geography
History

What subjects you do depends on what you are thinking of doing career/degree wise.
What do you want to do after a-levels?

Quick Reply

Latest