Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best banks for international students to open an account Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

May I know which bank is the most ideal for international students? In terms of perks and accessibility etc. Your immediate response is greatly appreciated.

HSBC although you won't get a student account, you could probably get the Advance Account which is one of the best out there at this time.

Alternatively you could use a credit card from you home country and pay back into that.

ReputationRep:
    What about Barclays?

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by malefni)
    What about Barclays?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd stay stay away personally.

ReputationRep:
    Ah why is that? Apparently the HSBC account you have to deposit 1000plus pounds every month eh? Definitely not for me unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whatever account that has no monthly or annual fees, no minimum deposits. Perks that you probably won't get but should still look for include interest and overdraft. Consider RBS.

The accounts with these "so called perks" like reduced price train tickets or freebies usually come with monthly fees and you rarely end up using those perks so avoid them.

(Original post by malefni)
    Ah why is that? Apparently the HSBC account you have to deposit 1000plus pounds every month eh? Definitely not for me unfortunately
    That's the advance account, if you can't afford that just get the basic current account.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Is cheesecake a cake?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.