Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why does my mind become active at the wrong time? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This has been happening since I started making music, I'll be tired and fed up at work all day then as soon as it's time for bed my mind suddenly decides to wake up and start giving me all this inspiration which then leads to late nights!

And so the cycle repeats.

I sometimes force an early night in (10pm) but I end up waking up around 5 then snoozing for 2 hours and ending up worse off than if I went to bed at 12-1ish.

Does anyone else have the same issue?

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly what you mean! I get these kind of brainstorms constantly, mostly related to story-writing (for my games and/or novels). The Notes section on my phone is full to the brim of random ideas and I'm often glad I write it all down because, when going back through old documents, there's masses upon masses of ideas I'd long since forgotten about.

It's pretty annoying when one of these brainstorms coincides with nighttime. I always aim for 10, too, but a lot of the time I simply can't sleep and this is often the reason why. It's especially bad when I get a particularly good, fleshed-out idea because then I just have to get back out of bed and jot it down on my phone. Last night, I did this THREE TIMES, at approx. 1, half 1 and half 2. Then I had to get up at half 6 for my M1 maths mock -_-

ReputationRep:
    It's great you can get your ideas down, I've lost countless basslines to sleep haha. Glad I'm not the only one with an annoying mind

ReputationRep:
    perhaps you're becoming a night owl?

ReputationRep:
    I have this problem too, I'm still at college but my most productive time of the day (night) for getting my work done is between like 11pm and 2am. Not sure why I just have to cope with the occasional killer morning at college

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.