Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There's a bit of talk about it recently.

I get the impression it's like Ramsay Street ("Neighbours") for old people.

I've never watched it, please write a sentence to say what I have missed ...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Deirdre has just died.

Show some respect to the legend.

ReputationRep:
    I am showing respect by giving opportunity for those that watch this soap to explain what the attraction is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    I am showing respect by giving opportunity for those that watch this soap to explain what the attraction is.
    I've watched all 3 (EastEnders, Emmerdale and Corrie) soaps for about 10 years now, and Emmerdale is my favourite, closely followed by Corrie and right at the bottom is EastEnders (tbh I don't know why I bother with that one anymore 😕).

Coronation Street can have some very good storylines, and unlike EastEnders, they don't drag on with the storylines. But then at times they can have some pretty naff storylines, but I think that applies to all. I prefer Emmerdale over Corrie because it has more likeable characters and they tend to come up with better storylines.

I think it just comes down to personal preference, and perhaps try watching a few episodes as just watching one would be pointless as of course you'd have no idea what would be going on 😝

Sorry, I know you wanted a sentence but I tend to waffle 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Batman72)
    I think it just comes down to personal preference, and perhaps try watching a few episodes as just watching one would be pointless as of course you'd have no idea what would be going on 😝
    Thanks Batman, I think character & attitude rubs off so you may be right about Emmerdale but whenever I've happened upon the other two, especially Eastenders I just thought, why would anyone choose this?

It's not as if we are still in the 1970s with only 3 channels to choose from!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NJA)
    Thanks Batman, I think character & attitude rubs off so you may be right about Emmerdale but whenever I've happened upon the other two, especially Eastenders I just thought, why would anyone choose this?

It's not as if we are still in the 1970s with only 3 channels to choose from!
    Yeah EastEnders has really really gone downhill recently 😕 no but I think some may prefer to watch British shows, and of course the soaps are on every weeknight which I know for me, fills up the evening and once you start and get into them, it's hard to break the habit 😕

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.