Behold our mighty PM!

Watch
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
This is old news now, but I just found it so i thought I'd share it: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...m-9180055.html

Basically Mr Cameron spent thousands on advertising trying to promote his facebook page.

Now I don't care where you stand politically, this is a pretty pathetic thing to do.
MatureStudent36
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Davij038)
This is old news now, but I just found it so i thought I'd share it: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...m-9180055.html

Basically Mr Cameron spent thousands on advertising trying to promote his facebook page.

Now I don't care where you stand politically, this is a pretty pathetic thing to do.
Remember when labour royally screwed the economy?
Chlorophile
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Davij038)

I'm sure most politicians, especially those high up, invest a lot of money in PR. I very much doubt that Cameron is alone in doing this. Besides, it was probably his PR team rather than the PM himself.
Louis.
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Good on him. Politicians using social media can be a good thing if they can reach new audiences. With a bit of practice they might start using it a bit better too.
InnerTemple
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MatureStudent36)
That statement isn't entirely accurate. Especially considering the subject of this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Davij038
Rep:
Even for you that is poor.

This thread is not about the economy and I don't support labour. I don't see how Cameron paying for FB likes has much to do with the previous government
Davij038
Rep:
(Original post by Chlorophile)
I'm sure most politicians, especially those high up, invest a lot of money in PR. I very much doubt that Cameron is alone in doing this. Besides, it was probably his PR team rather than the PM himself.
There's a line though between PR and sheer vanity. This is also the same man that plastered his head on election posters.
Quady
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
With violent warnings not to do it coming from the opposition benches...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (79)
13.57%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (11)
1.89%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (147)
25.26%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (47)
8.08%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (280)
48.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.09%

Watched Threads