Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is old news now, but I just found it so i thought I'd share it: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...m-9180055.html

Basically Mr Cameron spent thousands on advertising trying to promote his facebook page.

Now I don't care where you stand politically, this is a pretty pathetic thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davij038)
    This is old news now, but I just found it so i thought I'd share it: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...m-9180055.html

Basically Mr Cameron spent thousands on advertising trying to promote his facebook page.

Now I don't care where you stand politically, this is a pretty pathetic thing to do.
    Remember when labour royally screwed the economy?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Davij038)

I'm sure most politicians, especially those high up, invest a lot of money in PR. I very much doubt that Cameron is alone in doing this. Besides, it was probably his PR team rather than the PM himself.

ReputationRep:
    Good on him. Politicians using social media can be a good thing if they can reach new audiences. With a bit of practice they might start using it a bit better too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MatureStudent36)
    That statement isn't entirely accurate. Especially considering the subject of this thread.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Even for you that is poor.

This thread is not about the economy and I don't support labour. I don't see how Cameron paying for FB likes has much to do with the previous government

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    I'm sure most politicians, especially those high up, invest a lot of money in PR. I very much doubt that Cameron is alone in doing this. Besides, it was probably his PR team rather than the PM himself.
    There's a line though between PR and sheer vanity. This is also the same man that plastered his head on election posters.

ReputationRep:
    With violent warnings not to do it coming from the opposition benches...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.