Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Kuala Lumpur & Singapore Watch

Hitenvara
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,

Just booked my flights to Bangkok & return from Singapore for August/September. That is 21 days all together, just about to book internal flights & hotels. From what i have read, 4 days in Bangkok, 5 days in Chiang Mai, 4 days in Phuket, 5 days in Kuala Lumpur & 3 days in Singapore.

Bangkok - See the sights, River Cruise, Shopping & Eating
Chiang Mai - Elephant Park, Trekking & Anything Adventurous
Phuket - Chill out, drink, relax on the beach
Kuala - See the sights!
Singapore - stay in marina bay sands & see the sights

Would this be enough days in each location? or more or less in one or the other?
Or any other tips?
cdude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hitenvara)
Hello,

Just booked my flights to Bangkok & return from Singapore for August/September. That is 21 days all together, just about to book internal flights & hotels. From what i have read, 4 days in Bangkok, 5 days in Chiang Mai, 4 days in Phuket, 5 days in Kuala Lumpur & 3 days in Singapore.

Bangkok - See the sights, River Cruise, Shopping & Eating
Chiang Mai - Elephant Park, Trekking & Anything Adventurous
Phuket - Chill out, drink, relax on the beach
Kuala - See the sights!
Singapore - stay in marina bay sands & see the sights

Would this be enough days in each location? or more or less in one or the other?
Or any other tips?
Sounds good, but personally i would spend much longer in these places- it'll give me more time to relax and experience the culture

I guess it depends what sort of holiday you're looking for and how much time you have. I'm guessing you have to go back to work?
withlove
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Personally I think you need more time in Thailand and less time in Singapore. After living in Asia for 10 years and regularly go back, especially Singapore as father lives out there, I believe theres so much more to do in Thailand than Singapore. The holiday itself will be pretty jam packed if you're interested in the culture and visiting the most important places in the countries, so doubt there will be much relaxing to be had!
The Ocelot
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'd advise against spending as many as five days in Kuala Lumpur. It's probably my least favourite place out of those you'd listed. It's a very congested city that's very car dependent and public transport is poor. It's worth visiting their Chinatown, Indian quarter, Batu caves and going up the Petronas towers before leaving. I would suggest spending longer in Singapore instead as it has more sights. Much cleaner, efficient public transport and much wider availability of cheap and delicious food.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (48)
31.37%
No (79)
51.63%
Don't know (26)
16.99%

Watched Threads