Turn on thread page Beta

How will you vote in the next general election watch

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd start a poll to see where UKL's political alliegiance lies!

How will you vote in the next egeneral election?

ReputationRep:
    Come on now people its time to Get real.

Labour and Tories both wish to good for the UK, we know that surley no one party sets out to cripple the UK, dispite how some papers may believe.
    We could knock the Tories for obvious economic crisis' (PLURAL) and we can knock Labour for the love for Europe.

But I feel that either that is in power would only have slight changes in the actual running of the country, no extreme alterations like the likes of Thatcher will happen under these two, in my eyes atleast.

I like to think that we, as English / British which ever is your preferance, seek to develop our country and make sure that we are constantly constanly improving our standard of living and why of life.
    We all know, The people, NHS, education, Transport, Police, Firefighters, Armed servies and the Justice system are those areas that require the most attension.
    So why o why do repeated Governments continue to support other LEDC (the 3rd ones to any other anti PC :-). )

I propose the following changes, please hear me out before making a judgement:
    1) Decisions made should always put the interest of the UK first and formost above any other state.
    2) Criminal Justice System to be reformed, right of prisoners to be minimalised on the grounds that once iniside punishment not rehabilitation.
    3) Capital punishment reintroduced for Child Abusers, Rapists, Sex Offenders, terrorists, those guilty of treason, premedatated murder.
    4) Animal testing to be outlawed, of any kind.
    5) Those on 'Death Row' given the option to be tested up in exchange for their lives.
    6) Those in prison to have extended sentences, no luxury items such a TV, radios, all should contrubute, such as special 'prison factories'.
    7) Abolition of foxhunting
    8) Schools to encourage more physical activities, certain achivements should be awarded (not with a cookie) but to advance in education standards must be made. ofcourse certain inherited illnesses will be taken into account.
    9) Abolition of all foreign aid.
    10) Deportation of all illegal and convited immigrants.
    11) Increase the transport infracstrucer to the point where it is more convenient to travel than use the car.
    12) Withdrawl from the EU and the unequitable CAP.
    13) Legalisation of Cannabis.
    14) Crackdown on youth crime.
    15) Convictions and punishments to fit the severity of the crimes, no more torture of animals / children.
    16) A redistrubution in Income and Wealth, no more money hoarder.
    17) Inheritance allowed up to the value of no more than £100,000
    18) Be proud to be British, no other state will be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMainDon)
    Come on now people its time to Get real.

Labour and Tories both wish to good for the UK, we know that surley no one party sets out to cripple the UK, dispite how some papers may believe.
    We could knock the Tories for obvious economic crisis' (PLURAL) and we can knock Labour for the love for Europe.

But I feel that either that is in power would only have slight changes in the actual running of the country, no extreme alterations like the likes of Thatcher will happen under these two, in my eyes atleast.

I like to think that we, as English / British which ever is your preferance, seek to develop our country and make sure that we are constantly constanly improving our standard of living and why of life.
    We all know, The people, NHS, education, Transport, Police, Firefighters, Armed servies and the Justice system are those areas that require the most attension.
    So why o why do repeated Governments continue to support other LEDC (the 3rd ones to any other anti PC :-). )

I propose the following changes, please hear me out before making a judgement:
    1) Decisions made should always put the interest of the UK first and formost above any other state.
    2) Criminal Justice System to be reformed, right of prisoners to be minimalised on the grounds that once iniside punishment not rehabilitation.
    3) Capital punishment reintroduced for Child Abusers, Rapists, Sex Offenders, terrorists, those guilty of treason, premedatated murder.
    5) Those on 'Death Row' given the option to be tested up in exchange for their lives.
    6) Those in prison to have extended sentences, no luxury items such a TV, radios, all should contrubute, such as special 'prison factories'.
    7) Abolition of foxhunting
    8) Schools to encourage more physical activities, certain achivements should be awarded (not with a cookie) but to advance in education standards must be made. ofcourse certain inherited illnesses will be taken into account.
    10) Deportation of all illegal and convited immigrants.
    11) Increase the transport infracstrucer to the point where it is more convenient to travel than use the car.
    12) Withdrawl from the EU and the unequitable CAP.
    14) Crackdown on youth crime.
    15) Convictions and punishments to fit the severity of the crimes, no more torture of animals / children.
    I full agree with all of the above apart from 18. Why should the government decide on how much a person is to inherit. I'm not due to receive any in the long term future but I still believe it to be abit governing. I'll start a party sometime after Uni.

ReputationRep:
    Yes i feel this is a trickey one to implement i admitt.
    if you like to think about things the way i do i start off with a blank white board and try to see all the if's pro's con's and eventualities of such a policy.

i believe that those, such as bill gates, although i know he wont, leaves billions to his children then, have they earnt it? ok enough to be 'better off' with but too much is too much and simply passing down wealth which wasnt earnt by them?
    what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    and if you get it wrong? I agree that prisoners should not have luxury items, and should contribute to the economy through work, but our justice system is not perfect and there is always the chance of error.

although many animal tests are cruel, those such as which dog food tastes better are not, and benefit animals by helping producers manufacture better products for the animals.

also, if animals are not used as test subjects, then what should we use? there is a severe lack of test subjects, and research would grind to a halt through lack of funding. I can see how the testing of cosmetics etc. on animals should be banned as they are not a matter of life and death, but for potential cures to diseases like HIV or cancer, the benefits outweigh the cruelty.

we were one of the countries who got them into debt in the first place, it is only fair that we should make amends through aid.

do you mean public transport? if so then yes, but if you mean by building even more moterways then no.

I didn't know the UK tortured animals and children as part of its justice system

everything else I pretty much agree with or am neutral about

ReputationRep:
    1) Decisions made should always put the interest of the UK first and formost above any other state. Excellent idea.
    2) Criminal Justice System to be reformed, right of prisoners to be minimalised on the grounds that once iniside punishment not rehabilitation.Excellent idea.
    3) Capital punishment reintroduced for Child Abusers, Rapists, Sex Offenders, terrorists, those guilty of treason, premedatated murder.Excellent idea.
    4) Animal testing to be outlawed, of any kind. Not entirely
    5) Those on 'Death Row' given the option to be tested up in exchange for their lives. Excellent idea.
    6) Those in prison to have extended sentences, no luxury items such a TV, radios, all should contrubute, such as special 'prison factories'. Excellent idea.
    7) Abolition of foxhunting Excellent idea.
    8) Schools to encourage more physical activities, certain achivements should be awarded (not with a cookie) but to advance in education standards must be made. ofcourse certain inherited illnesses will be taken into account. Excellent idea.
    9) Abolition of all foreign aid. No this is a silly idea.
    10) Deportation of all illegal and convited immigrants. Excellent idea.
    11) Increase the transport infracstrucer to the point where it is more convenient to travel than use the car. I'm not giving up my car for anyone or anything.
    12) Withdrawl from the EU and the unequitable CAP. Not withdraw but lets not be ruled by Brussles
    13) Legalisation of Cannabis. Silly idea
    14) Crackdown on youth crime. Excellent idea.
    15) Convictions and punishments to fit the severity of the crimes, no more torture of animals / children. Excellent idea.
    16) A redistrubution in Income and Wealth, no more money hoarder. WTF
    17) Inheritance allowed up to the value of no more than £100,000 Probably your stupidest idea
    18) Be proud to be British, no other state will be.Excellent idea.

ReputationRep:
    I believe the emphasis should be on punishment, but rehabilitation is very important. Why waste the opportunity to try to help these people learn new skills? To put something into the society they've wronged? Although harsh sentences will deter criminals, a lot of criminals will operate because they feel they have to, with no other opportunity to make money. They'll be back inside, costing more tax payers money.

I agree with riffraff on these.
    Again, see riffraff.
    No way. Contains far more carcinogens than cigarettes. And from the people i know who smoke it, messes with your head.

You might have to clarify this one.
    Y'know, some people have the money they have through blood sweat and tears. You'll be distributing money to less skilled people who don't work as hard. I don't think this is even workable. All the business leaders would simply leave the country, no big businesses would set up here. All the ones we have would leave. Fewer jobs, so on... The pool of wealth you'll be taxing will be smaller. Then you have to pay all the unemployed people.
    They'll simply give them the money before they die, or put it in a foreign account. Not workable. Again the richest people will leave. Anyway, i think a parent has the right to supply their children with financial security.
    Difficult to legislate for

ReputationRep:
    Ok well first off i am happy to say that the majority of my ideas seem to be getting the thumbs up, ok lets run through the questionable ones.

regards to making a mistake when it comes to executing an innocent person ofcourse is worrying.
    however the law like it is in those countries which adopt Capital punishment is that on a unamanous guilty vote, i argue then why couldnt one jura (spelling?) could be convinced, and secondly with the developments in DNA etc it is becoming a full proof way of discovering who commited the crime.
    Hindley? bradey? bronson? Shipman? all proven guilty without question.
    and why should these have the opportunity to learn new skills? something which should be given to the members of socity who dont kill rape stal from others? simple common sense to me.

Cruelty to animals is wrong i cant accept if the animal is sudated but testing upon a live alert subject is simply cruel, i would prefere lynx sprayed in the eyes of the jamie buldger killers to be honest.

9) Abolition of all foreign aid. Why shouldnt this work? who ever suggested about the UK being dependant on aid was the case, simply because the states didnt join the war to begin with. However why should taxes be going to Robert Mugabi when my local hospital has a 3 hour waiting list?

I recently read how a group 'stole' a puppy, gagged him tied his legs together and threw it off a bridge crossing a motorway? these youths, do you really believe can contrubute to soicety when they freely act in this way?
    I also read months back how a man raped a baby of 18 monthes, the judge sentanced him to 3 months. Do these people deserve to live? Can these people rehibilitated? i think not.

i just dont like how 70% of the UK's wealth is owned by 30% of the population. simply by those 'own' large monopolies who controbute nothing to society.

Difficult to legislate i admitt, but i just dont liek the idea that those who are very wealthy simply pass on there wealth to the children and so on creating a very elitist society, spliting the country up.

- i believe the money that could be generated by the GOV could be put to a better use and would take out the drug dealers and put the revenue towards a better cause other than a gold chain.

Well i'd like your comments i just think that rule 1 is without doubt something every policy must be questioned over.

ReputationRep:
    The countryside party. Only found out about them last week but they do it for me on the amusement front. A sure fire winner.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just coincidence that Labour are red on the graph, Tories blue and Lib Dems yellow?

ReputationRep:
    Yes i feel this is a trickey one to implement i admitt.
    if you like to think about things the way i do i start off with a blank white board and try to see all the if's pro's con's and eventualities of such a policy.

i believe that those, such as bill gates, although i know he wont, leaves billions to his children then, have they earnt it? ok enough to be 'better off' with but too much is too much and simply passing down wealth which wasnt earnt by them?
    what do you think?

i thought you were a Daily Mail right winged BNP supporter, and i was right,

sad that really.

ReputationRep:
    Daily mail lol no the strictly the times and the sun for me

ReputationRep:
    Daily mail lol no the strictly the times and the sun for me

nonetheless, why not just abandon the BNP ? they have no credibility, decency, grounded policies apart from racist/fascist/right-deviationist and nazidom,

if they ever came into power, not that they ever would - i would become an anarchist and destroy them lol

ReputationRep:
    I agree they will never gain power simply because of there image, that is why i cannot wait until a new nationalist movement with credability, one currently the UKIP, Howard by his speech shows how scared they are of them.

Hopefully they shall gain power and open doors for new similar parties, if not after i finish Uni and my time in the forces i shall create my party.

ReputationRep:
    and i shall stand against your party, as will the majority of sane, rational and politcally mature people,

i shall create my own party with credible, classic principles of individualism, freedom and liberty - in essence one which politically out-manouevre yours in every way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami_ThePeelite)
    nonetheless, why not just abandon the BNP ? they have no credibility, decency, grounded policies apart from racist/fascist/right-deviationist and nazidom,

if they ever came into power, not that they ever would - i would become an anarchist and destroy them lol
    I hate to tell you this but I live in a BNP run ward. They have credibility, decency and grounded policies. Accordingly they will be voted in again because they have done a good job. I hate people like yourself who know little of the BNP and believe all the hype the media feeds you. Wise up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    I hate to tell you this but I live in a BNP run ward. They have credibility, decency and grounded policies. Accordingly they will be voted in again because they have done a good job. I hate people like yourself who know little of the BNP and believe all the hype the media feeds you. Wise up.
    what ward is this then mr jones?

ReputationRep:
    however the law like it is in those countries which adopt Capital punishment is that on a unamanous guilty vote, i argue then why couldnt one jura (spelling?) could be convinced, and secondly with the developments in DNA etc it is becoming a full proof way of discovering who commited the crime.
    Hindley? bradey? bronson? Shipman? all proven guilty without question.
    and why should these have the opportunity to learn new skills? something which should be given to the members of socity who dont kill rape stal from others? simple common sense to me.
    None of these people would see the light of day if i had my way (and under the current system they won't) and life should mean life. They might not deserve to get the training (though some would) but it would make it less likely that they would ruin someone elses life when they are back in the free world. People deserve to be given a chance, it's then up to them if they take it.

Cruelty to animals is wrong i cant accept if the animal is sudated but testing upon a live alert subject is simply cruel, i would prefere lynx sprayed in the eyes of the jamie buldger killers to be honest.
    so would i, but it would make it very difficult to get high and mighty about other countres' human rights records. Lead by example. The truth is that labs use animals to test on because they can learn a lot about how to treat humans, despite the biological differences. I do agree that cosmetics should not be tested on animals.

I recently read how a group 'stole' a puppy, gagged him tied his legs together and threw it off a bridge crossing a motorway? these youths, do you really believe can contrubute to soicety when they freely act in this way?
    I also read months back how a man raped a baby of 18 monthes, the judge sentanced him to 3 months. Do these people deserve to live? Can these people rehibilitated? i think not.
    Throw the book at the sicko paedophile.
    I do think that the youths can be rehabilitated. For a start most of them were probably just tagging along (i assume), and it's a social problem that made these kids like this in the first place. That's something that you've got to address.

- i believe the money that could be generated by the GOV could be put to a better use and would take out the drug dealers and put the revenue towards a better cause other than a gold chain.
    you've just made the government into drug dealers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chats)
    what ward is this then mr jones?
    Ah, that would be telling

ReputationRep:
    oooo Touché, but they are presently, Tabbacco, alcohol

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.