Mehwishnazar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I start college in September and I am still unsure whether I should do AAT accounting or A- levels and I would just like some advise:3. Is AAT accounting worth doing or is it better to become an account through A-Levels.
I was also hoping if someone could inform me on the salary pay for accountants through AAT and will it help me get employed quicker as I will have more experience as I have done AAT? Thanks a lot!
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get more responses. Hopefully someone will be able to get back to you
Scoobiedoobiedo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're 100% that ultimately you want to become an accountant, I would go down the AAT route. Although AAT is accounting technician, you still need to do ACA/ACCA afterwards to become an accountant.

The typical routes are:
A-levels > AAT school leavers program with an employer
A-levels > uni > graduate entry ACA training contract with employer
AAT at college/self study > study for ACCA

No point going to uni if you know you want to become an accountant, as you don't need to. You get a few exemptions from exams, although that is worth the price.

A-levels then AAT would give you a broader initial base, and would open up the possibility of getting onto a school leavers program, although there is no guarantee of that as it's very, very competitive.

If you go straight onto AAT it will save you 2years, and you can work while you're doing your AAT (although getting a relevant job is obviously easier said than done).

AAT doesn't take all that long either. It obviously depends which level you start on. AAT says a year for each level, although that is B.S.
Lexy J
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Does anyone knows who could write AAT level4 Internal control project? I am struggling with ideas...
Please help....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (296)
55.95%
I don't have everything I need (233)
44.05%

Watched Threads