Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I would like to study business/management, although I think I would enjoy economics too. But now I have to made a decisión, and I really need your advice please. I have already applied in UCAS by the 15th of January deadline for Durham (Business and Management), Manchester (Management-International Business Economics), King's (Business management) and two Cass courses (Business Studies and Management). I think I'm going to change the management course at Cass because it's nearly the same as the other one I've applied for, and I'm thinking of aplying to:a- Queen Mary (Economics)
    b- Warwick (Business and Management)
    c- UCL (Management Science)
    I've got AAB (Spanish equivalence), and I think that I really good, original personal statement. Should I change to one of these options or keep the management course at Cass? I'm open to other universities and options too. Thank you all for your help!

ReputationRep:
    Warwick is obviously very reputable. UCL's management science degree is very new, so check just how flexible it will be in practice - are there many options to choose from or only a small number (and if only a small number, will that bother you?)

You were aware, I hope, that Durham's business degree is on Queen's Campus which is in Stockton on Tees? It's very nice, but it will be different from being at Durham's main campus.

As for other options, it depends whether you want to be in London or not (there seems to be a certain bias in your choices) but there are plenty of other great Management courses that you could consider. Bath, LSE, Loughborough, Exeter, Leeds to name but a few.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crumpet1)
    Warwick is obviously very reputable. UCL's management science degree is very new, so check just how flexible it will be in practice - are there many options to choose from or only a small number (and if only a small number, will that bother you?)

You were aware, I hope, that Durham's business degree is on Queen's Campus which is in Stockton on Tees? It's very nice, but it will be different from being at Durham's main campus.

As for other options, it depends whether you want to be in London or not (there seems to be a certain bias in your choices) but there are plenty of other great Management courses that you could consider. Bath, LSE, Loughborough, Exeter, Leeds to name but a few.
    Thanks Crumpet1, but I also need to take into account my posibilities of getting in. I take LSE as impossible, and UCL and Warwick as very dificult, however, Queen Mary would be almost a safe bet. I don't whether to risk it or not, I would like to know your opinión about what you thinks my chances are...

ReputationRep:
    Personally I don't like London, and I didn't like QMC at all when we visited. But I'm sure other people would love it. See whether there is an online tour on YouTube if you can't get there in person. Maybe think about Nottingham, Southampton, Leeds, Birmingham, Sheffield, Surrey then? All still Russell Group, ranked way above QMC for Management,, but entry standards aren't LSE-esque!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
    Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.