Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've been thinking about going to Canada at some point for a year. I want to live in a new environment. That and finding out what I should do with my life. But I would also like to go to university somewhere but not sure what to study. I work in IT at the moment. But would ideally like to work in the gaming industry. Working on story and narrative. Any ideas on which would be the better option?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Miss_Moonlight)
    I've been thinking about going to Canada at some point for a year. I want to live in a new environment. That and finding out what I should do with my life. But I would also like to go to university somewhere but not sure what to study. I work in IT at the moment. But would ideally like to work in the gaming industry. Working on story and narrative. Any ideas on which would be the better option?
    Well not sure about getting work in Canada with visas and all that... but being in Canada for a year, personally, I think that'd be AMAZING!

ReputationRep:
    Have you looked into getting a visa? I think it's hard to get one unless you have a university place or a job lined up.

I'd see if you can actually go to Canada before making up your mind on whether that's what you want to do or not. If you can go, then I think it would be a great experience for you.

ReputationRep:
    Getting a working holiday visa and going travelling somewhere sounds like a great idea. You can get a place at uni and defer for a year. Once you're older, you'll probably have a lot more commitments and you'll regret not travelling whilst you had a chance. If your heart isn't set on Canada, Australia and NZ are great travelling places.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veggiechic6)
    Getting a working holiday visa and going travelling somewhere sounds like a great idea. You can get a place at uni and defer for a year. Once you're older, you'll probably have a lot more commitments and you'll regret not travelling whilst you had a chance. If your heart isn't set on Canada, Australia and NZ are great travelling places.
    I would probably get a working holiday Visa. New Zealand sounds nice and could be a possibility. I will need to consider my work options before leaving. I'll do a lot of research for it beforehand. Thank you for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    There is a organization called Uniivaa, which helps students get work in Canada. You can contact them at http://www.uniivaa.com - Canada is a great - Beautiful sights, nice, friendly people and good job possibilities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beernie88)
    There is a organization called Uniivaa, which helps students get work in Canada. You can contact them at http://www.uniivaa.com - Canada is a great - Beautiful sights, nice, friendly people and good job possibilities.
    Ooh, thank you for the link. I've decided to stay and work on getting work experience. That way I'll be more likely to be eligible to get a job. Plus I'm trying to improve my social life this year. Ha ha. Don't really have much of one at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    Ur welcome Why don't U improve your social life in Canada? There are so many interesting people with positive attitude!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.