Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Long story short..I've known this girl for around 2 years now and we've been close since. I've gotten to like her over time and we've got with each other before when drunk etc. I've told her I like her in the past and we had a deep chat about it all where she told me that the relationship we have is much different than the relationship she has with other guy friends.
    She said she wasn't interested and I decided to move on - I tried cutting contact with her to help me get over her. When I did that she fell out with me, telling me that my life is clearly no different without her in it.

Anyway we've stayed close and deep down I know I still have some feelings for her. She's studying abroad this year but came back over xmas and came back to uni for a week to see all our mutual friends. When she was here I had a one night stand and the day after it happened I felt like she became closer than usual, hugging me a lot when our mates were joking about my night, and asking to watch a film together when we were chilling in bed hungover and stuff; She's gone abroad again now but will be back by the summer.

Basically I like her but after typing this i feel like I've pretty much confirmed she doesn't feel the same lool. Thoughts? I'm dreaming?

ReputationRep:
    First of all, you guys obviously have something going on. Whether that is a liking or not, there is something. But we can't tell you if it's what you are looking for. You have to ask that to yourself.

From my perspective, right now is not the moment to be waiting for her and she is not waiting for you either. So why should you the only one be waiting and sit around. You should be enjoying yourself as well. Meet new people and get to know yourself as well!

If you guys are meant to be, you guys will be together.. but don't go back everything she comes back from studying abroad. If she was really in love with you, you guys would have been in a long distance relationship now.

I'm no expert in figuring out whether a person likes one another but from my experience is that you should just go out and don't let your liking for her stop you from meeting and liking other people.

(Original post by YYS92)
    First of all, you guys obviously have something going on. Whether that is a liking or not, there is something. But we can't tell you if it's what you are looking for. You have to ask that to yourself.

From my perspective, right now is not the moment to be waiting for her and she is not waiting for you either. So why should you the only one be waiting and sit around. You should be enjoying yourself as well. Meet new people and get to know yourself as well!

If you guys are meant to be, you guys will be together.. but don't go back everything she comes back from studying abroad. If she was really in love with you, you guys would have been in a long distance relationship now.

I'm no expert in figuring out whether a person likes one another but from my experience is that you should just go out and don't let your liking for her stop you from meeting and liking other people.
    Thanks for the reply!

I guess a liking thing is what I'm looking for but its likely that we're just close friends. You're right, I shouldn't be holding myself back! I know at the moment she just wants to have fun so that's probably why we aren't in a long distance relationship - a mutual friend of ours is in one and she sometimes says that she thinks we're too young for all that stuff. Really appreciate your reply, will just have to wait and see what happens when she comes back for good in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I tried cutting contact with her to help me get over her. When I did that she fell out with me, telling me that my life is clearly no different without her in it
    Sorry but this ***** needs to get over herself, and you doing stuff like tolerating that kind of manipulation is probably why she wasn't interested in the first place :rolleyes:

When she was here I had a one night stand and the day after it happened I felt like she became closer than usual, hugging me a lot when our mates were joking about my night, and asking to watch a film together when we were chilling in bed hungover and stuff
    You should have ****ed her, or at least had a cheeky fumble if too hungover to smersh

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Sorry but this ***** needs to get over herself, and you doing stuff like tolerating that kind of manipulation is probably why she wasn't interested in the first place :rolleyes:

You should have ****ed her, or at least had a cheeky fumble if too hungover to smersh
    I wanted to but was too much of a pussy to try it, plus our mutual friend was sleeping on a sofa in the same room at the time. Perhaps I should have taken the hint when she said she hadn't had sex in a while and questioned why I got to have sex that night and she didn't.

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to but was too much of a pussy to try it, plus our mutual friend was sleeping on a sofa in the same room at the time
    Learn to escalate (subtly), and man up and eject any third wheels if you want to get your freak on

Perhaps I should have taken the hint when she said she hadn't had sex in a while and questioned why I got to have sex that night and she didn't.
    Dear God, mate have a word with thyself :facepalm2:

Learn to escalate (subtly), and man up and eject any third wheels if you want to get your freak on

Dear God, mate have a word with thyself :facepalm2:
    Hindsight is great. look ffs.

looool*

ReputationRep:
    Indeed so, and most of us need a healthy dose of it from time to time to learn these life's little lessons e.g. I was arguably similarly inept as a fresher myself

Indeed so, and most of us need a healthy dose of it from time to time to learn these life's little lessons e.g. I was arguably similarly inept as a fresher myself
    Im inept and I'm a final year student :indiff:How do I interpret the things she said, do you reckon she just wanted to get laid?

ReputationRep:
    Im inept and I'm a final year student :indiff:
    I didn't become genuinely self-confident with women until my early 20's, and not fully capable really until my mid 20's, and know guys who now do pretty well who were full-retard around women even into their mid 20's! (granted some of these have benefitted from my tutorship)

How do I interpret the things she said, do you reckon she just wanted to get laid?
    In general I advocate not overthinking and looking to interpret everything, but merely spotting half-chances/opportunities and being bold (without being rapey). She probably wanted to get physical, quite how far she'd have allowed it to go shall forever remain a mystery! (until next time) :sexface:

Spoiler:
    Show
    In that situation you let your hands and lips do the talking, if you want to be really subtle then you might start by e.g. stroking her hair/wrapping an arm around, cuddling/snuggling, then cute little pecks on the cheek/neck. Kino is an extremely powerful asset, if you can kiss/touch a girl who is attracted the right way you can send her wild, and literally make her fall in love with you

Spoiler:
    Show
    If a girl is comfortable with you and there's a shred of attraction, you're lying down together, and she's reasonably horny (and girls do get horny), then she's likely to allow something to happen, provided there are no presumed reputational consequences (and even sometimes when there are) :devil:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 22, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.