The Student Room Group

BT Apprenticeship 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Anyone else starting on the 12th October at Yarnfield for TSO?
what universities do they recruit from?
Reply 182
Original post by Nicksow
Anyone else starting on the 12th October at Yarnfield for TSO?

Hi All,

If your are all coming to Yarnfield on the 12th of October 2015, Please use the forum I have created.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=59674675&highlight=

By using this forum:

- We can plan our journeys and also buddy up on travel.
- Share advice on how to get to Yarnfield.
- Meet new apprentices before the conference, making it less nerve-racking

Regards,
Reply 183
I start on the 21st of October?
Reply 184
Original post by louchad
I start on the 21st of October?

Oops sorry!

just out of curiosity, what apprenticeship are you doing and in which location?

kind regards,
Reply 185
Original post by M199728
Oops sorry!

just out of curiosity, what apprenticeship are you doing and in which location?

kind regards,

Network engineer, stoke and Chester? You?
I have a start date on the 26th of October does anybody else?
I want to find out more about the BT Degree Apprenticeship. I have A/B/B predictions and A/A/C AS grades in Biology/ Psychology/ History, respectively. What university will my degree be based on and what exact degree will it be? I'm looking to do something like Software Engineering / Computer Science.
Original post by TrojanH
I want to find out more about the BT Degree Apprenticeship. I have A/B/B predictions and A/A/C AS grades in Biology/ Psychology/ History, respectively. What university will my degree be based on and what exact degree will it be? I'm looking to do something like Software Engineering / Computer Science.

This is regarding the higher apprenticeship...
The course is a foundation degree in ICT at Staffordshire University / Stoke College, or, UEA if your in the East ie Adastral Park. I also understand it has changed slightly since I completed in 2014 so don't take this as gospel. Basically it is some Cisco's CCNA training depending on what route you take it will either be 1 module equivalent to CCENT or enough course material to set you up for the full CCNA exam. There is some good modules to introduce you to some programming such as C++, Java, MySQL, databasing, basic computer hardware. There were 2 routes for the higher apprenticeship when I was an apprentice; the business route that includes a few business modules, or, the networking that includes more programming and networking modules. However, I understand they were in the process of adding a management path and a programmers path if I remember rightly. You also study for a level 4 national diploma.

The programming is not as advanced as a degree in computer science. However, it will set you up enough to learn what you need to on your own, in my opinion that's where you learn the most.

Anyway, I can go on and on, just ask if you have further questions :smile:.

Also some excellent grades there, you should be proud! Will set you up well for the interview. Just make sure you've perfected your soft skills too.
Original post by m_terry
This is regarding the higher apprenticeship...
The course is a foundation degree in ICT at Staffordshire University / Stoke College, or, UEA if your in the East ie Adastral Park. I also understand it has changed slightly since I completed in 2014 so don't take this as gospel. Basically it is some Cisco's CCNA training depending on what route you take it will either be 1 module equivalent to CCENT or enough course material to set you up for the full CCNA exam. There is some good modules to introduce you to some programming such as C++, Java, MySQL, databasing, basic computer hardware. There were 2 routes for the higher apprenticeship when I was an apprentice; the business route that includes a few business modules, or, the networking that includes more programming and networking modules. However, I understand they were in the process of adding a management path and a programmers path if I remember rightly. You also study for a level 4 national diploma.

The programming is not as advanced as a degree in computer science. However, it will set you up enough to learn what you need to on your own, in my opinion that's where you learn the most.

Anyway, I can go on and on, just ask if you have further questions :smile:.

Also some excellent grades there, you should be proud! Will set you up well for the interview. Just make sure you've perfected your soft skills too.

do you know when applications for 2016 will open? it says Jan 2016 on the website, wondering if anyone knows a more specific date.
And also if this is the first year they're offering internal audit?
Thanks
Original post by jampot98
do you know when applications for 2016 will open? it says Jan 2016 on the website, wondering if anyone knows a more specific date.
And also if this is the first year they're offering internal audit?
Thanks

It used to be Jan / Feb, interviews etc would start April through to summer starting September. But I think they have schemes all year around. Patience is key here, back when I applied I had waited months and gave up all hope before I was excepted for an interview and was successful.
I'd rate BT as one of the best apprenticeships from experience and from what I've heard. But worth considering other telecoms providers to at least keep your opinions open :wink:.
Anyone know if there's a thread for 2016 applications?
Thanks
Original post by jampot98
Anyone know if there's a thread for 2016 applications?
Thanks

Could open one?
Otherwise someone at BT could ask TAN team?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3842685
BT Apprenticeship 2016

This is a thread for 2016 applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 194
I am very interested in starting an engineering apprenticeship. I am currently working at an electronics contract manufacturing company where I have been for the last 11 years. Unfortunatley the company has fallen into hard times and there have been several lots of redundancies. I feel its time for a career change and this looks perfect. My only resevervation is my age as I am 34. Do they accept mature apprentices? Do people my age apply and are they sucessful? Would be great to hear from any "mature" apprentices / applicants to put my mind at ease. I have posted this in the 2016 thread also just thought that maybe more people who have experience of the apprenticeship may see it here :smile: thanks.
After passing the situational judgement test, and if you get through, how long is it until an assessment centre?
I'm not sure if the process is different but I applied for a business apprenticeship.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matt_81
I am very interested in starting an engineering apprenticeship. I am currently working at an electronics contract manufacturing company where I have been for the last 11 years. Unfortunatley the company has fallen into hard times and there have been several lots of redundancies. I feel its time for a career change and this looks perfect. My only resevervation is my age as I am 34. Do they accept mature apprentices? Do people my age apply and are they sucessful? Would be great to hear from any "mature" apprentices / applicants to put my mind at ease. I have posted this in the 2016 thread also just thought that maybe more people who have experience of the apprenticeship may see it here :smile: thanks.

When I was at Yarnfield, we got told about apprentices of all ages mate :smile: They accept all ages :smile:
Reply 197
I conpleted my apprenticeship in 2015 and i started it in 2015.

I used to be a mechanic as i left school early, i recieved a reply from bt a year after replying due to them recruiting in east london, i live in southeast london where there wernt any vacancies, i gave in my resignation to the mechanics as bt was a recognised name, i went into BT blindly. I love where i am today! If i had the chance to go back and do it again, id do exactly the same!

Hope this helps
I've applied to the BT Full Degree Programme for IT (TV & Media). If anyone has done this programme, I'd like to know what it consists of during the course. And what are the career prospects after completing the programme? Thanks.
For anyone who's on the finance programme, do you get to choose whether you want to go into management accounting or internal audit? Or do BT decide where you're allocated?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending