Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    What are signs that a guy might like me? Loke body language, things he'll say, do, etc. I want to try to figure out if this guy likes me without asking him outright so what can I try or look out for to figure it out?

ReputationRep:
    Like*

ReputationRep:
    Well you can tell if a guy likes you by the looks he gives, whether he talks to you apart personal things, his body language etc. With a girl, you can never tell if they like you or not, I should know that after the last time I asked a girl out, she gave a lot of signs but turned out she had no interest.

ReputationRep:
    If he looks at you all the time but is afraid to speak
    If he isn't afraid to speak to you, and does it all the time, but you don't appear interested in his conversations

ReputationRep:
    I am a guy and when I want to know if a girl has a liking for me, I'd always go for body language. It is literally the biggest giveaway if you know how to read them. But it varies for different people. Different people react differently so you have to understand what they mean and it's not a simple task considering if you are attracted to the person as you can definitely get distracted. Anyhoo, here are some tips, I guess

1. Eye contact for introverts. How much eye contact does he make with you? If the guy looks away most of the time, he is shy. Shy doesn't mean he likes you, he's just very self conscious of his image. But frequent look aways can also mean that he might like you but he is just very introverted.

2. Eye contact for extroverts/outgoing people. They pay all attention to you. They block everything around them and they only listen to whatever you have to say to them. They enjoy your company and love to spend time with you. Generally they'll look happy spending time with you.

3. Posture. How is he standing/sitting around you? Is he slouching? Guys tend to straighten themselves up when they talk to people they like. It's almost unnoticeable but if you get to see it, its obvious. They would suddenly change the way they stand to look more confident, and sometimes they're tone would change too. They may speak in a slightly higher pitch.

I'm just going to leave this here as I'm a bit lazy at the moment . If you need more don't be afraid to ask! Hope it helps.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.