Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do AS levels count towards UCAS points? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows whether AS levels can count towards your UCAS points?

I got B,B,C at A2 level which gives me 280 UCAS points.
    I also got a D in another AS level which I didn't continue to A2 level because I really struggled with it, but I wondered if the points for this can be added to my UCAS score as it would give me another 30 points?

One of the graduate jobs I'm looking at applying for when I've finished uni asks for

Minimum 300 UCAS points
    • Minimum 2:1 degree or expected result
    • A-C grades at GCSE and A Level
    • Good written and verbal communication skills
    • Willingness to handle responsibility
    • Ambition
    I'm doing two months of paid work experience with the company over the summer and had hoped that this would help me get on to their graduate scheme next year when I finish uni, but I don't know if my UCAS points aren't enough? Obviously I will try to ask them when I do my experience

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of this? A lot of accounting firms look for graduates with 300 UCAS points to join their ACA training scheme and I'm worrying that I will not be able to get on to many of the schemes if my AS level doesn't count?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    No they don't.

UCAS point offers for graduate jobs almost always mean from your best three A levels excluding general studies.

Edit: if you do some work experience with them first they may overlook the requirement - especially given you're only one grade off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahtaylor95)
    Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone knows whether AS levels can count towards your UCAS points?

I got B,B,C at A2 level which gives me 280 UCAS points.
    I also got a D in another AS level which I didn't continue to A2 level because I really struggled with it, but I wondered if the points for this can be added to my UCAS score as it would give me another 30 points?

One of the graduate jobs I'm looking at applying for when I've finished uni asks for

I'm doing two months of paid work experience with the company over the summer and had hoped that this would help me get on to their graduate scheme next year when I finish uni, but I don't know if my UCAS points aren't enough? Obviously I will try to ask them when I do my experience

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience of this? A lot of accounting firms look for graduates with 300 UCAS points to join their ACA training scheme and I'm worrying that I will not be able to get on to many of the schemes if my AS level doesn't count?

Thanks

nope.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.