Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ok so yes, I know they're only mocks and yes I still have almost 6 months but the exams I failed are very important. Here they are:
    English literature: A
    Science Core: B
    Science Additional: A
    Business Studies: A
    Design Technology: A
    History: B
    Religious Studies: A

Now the fails..
    Maths: E :'(
    German: D, the majority of the class got lower than a C as we had no teacher for almost a year and the one we did have was over marking our coursework to make herself look good and then she left, everything remarked and everyone failed aside from 2/3 people.
    English Language: D, my teacher told me to draw a table.... Obviously the exam was 2 something hours long and I was taken out of it about 20 mins into it which wasn't great and over teacher didn't explain it, people either got A and U (Language and Lit or a U for lit and A for Langauge)
    I'm so disappointed, I've never been smart, maths is my worst subject and it always has been, I understand higher stuff but obviously there is no chance my teacher will let me do the higher paper after getting such a bad grade on foundation :/
    What can I do to improve my grade? Especially maths?!? I really enjoy it when I understand it, which is hardly ever however I am going to obviously get a tutor. I honestly believe I suck at math because before I moved to a more prestigious school my math teacher would move onto a new subject if we didn't get something....
    Please I'm begging for help to improve my German,IGCSE English Language and Math, especially Math!

Maths is all about practise, practise, practise. First of all make a list of topics you struggle with the most and start going over those by doing questions in your textbooks (look up Exam Solutions GCSE video's for extra guidance). Then you can start doing past papers and go over topics of
    the questions you got wrong/didn't understand and hopefully you will see improvements! Also revise consistently, don't do 5 hours one day and then do nothing for three weeks! Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seriously I only done past papers for maths and English language and I got A's. DO PAST PAPERS. this is honestly one of your only ways to do well.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Study tools

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.