French essay ideas? Watch

loinducoeur
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I take AS Level French (WJEC) at the moment, but I'm really struggling when it comes to getting ideas for essays or speaking tasks. Developing my ideas are occasionally a problem, but clearly, if I don't have an idea, there's nothing to develop.

Does anyone have any solutions that could help me with this? It's really hard having nothing to say AT ALL about a topic that everyone else has ideas for, apart from me.
Actaeon
Badges: 11
Report 4 years ago
I can tell you what I do for French... in general, make note of other people's ideas that they bring up - just because someone else mentioned it first doesn't mean they're the only one who can use it in an exam!
Also, for a lot of the topics (for and against whatever social issue you care to mention) google is a good friend. A few minutes research (ideally on French language websites, though English sites are also fine for ideas) will get you lots of points. And finally, practice helps, the more you try and look at subjects and think of arguments, the more you can cultivate a critical approach. For me, debating helps, or stuff like that
Anna Schoon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by loinducoeur)
I take AS Level French (WJEC) at the moment, but I'm really struggling when it comes to getting ideas for essays or speaking tasks. Developing my ideas are occasionally a problem, but clearly, if I don't have an idea, there's nothing to develop.

Does anyone have any solutions that could help me with this? It's really hard having nothing to say AT ALL about a topic that everyone else has ideas for, apart from me.
It sounds like you need to develop your general knowledge, which will give you the necessary ideas to develop. You don't necessarily have to do this in French (although you will need to have the relevant vocab). I suggest you make an effort to read a good-quality newspaper every day, or read The Week at the weekend: concentrate on your topic areas (such as education, sport, family etc.) and try and also gather some knowledge about how things work in France.
beyknowles
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by loinducoeur)

I'm doin WJEC too and I'm in exactly the same boat

I know that's not helpful lol sorryyyyyyyyyy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Bloomsbury Undergraduate
    Thu, 27 Jun '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (38)
24.52%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (53)
34.19%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (27)
17.42%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (12)
7.74%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (25)
16.13%

Watched Threads