Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I take AS Level French (WJEC) at the moment, but I'm really struggling when it comes to getting ideas for essays or speaking tasks. Developing my ideas are occasionally a problem, but clearly, if I don't have an idea, there's nothing to develop.

Does anyone have any solutions that could help me with this? It's really hard having nothing to say AT ALL about a topic that everyone else has ideas for, apart from me.

I can tell you what I do for French... in general, make note of other people's ideas that they bring up - just because someone else mentioned it first doesn't mean they're the only one who can use it in an exam!
    Also, for a lot of the topics (for and against whatever social issue you care to mention) google is a good friend. A few minutes research (ideally on French language websites, though English sites are also fine for ideas) will get you lots of points. And finally, practice helps, the more you try and look at subjects and think of arguments, the more you can cultivate a critical approach. For me, debating helps, or stuff like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loinducoeur)
    I take AS Level French (WJEC) at the moment, but I'm really struggling when it comes to getting ideas for essays or speaking tasks. Developing my ideas are occasionally a problem, but clearly, if I don't have an idea, there's nothing to develop.

Does anyone have any solutions that could help me with this? It's really hard having nothing to say AT ALL about a topic that everyone else has ideas for, apart from me.
    It sounds like you need to develop your general knowledge, which will give you the necessary ideas to develop. You don't necessarily have to do this in French (although you will need to have the relevant vocab). I suggest you make an effort to read a good-quality newspaper every day, or read The Week at the weekend: concentrate on your topic areas (such as education, sport, family etc.) and try and also gather some knowledge about how things work in France.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loinducoeur)

I'm doin WJEC too and I'm in exactly the same boat

I know that's not helpful lol sorryyyyyyyyyy

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 20, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.