x Turn on thread page Beta

How to get rid of the notification sign? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey y'all!

I got repped on a thread that got shut down and that notification sign is driving me crazy. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    In the bottom left corner, there should be an option to 'Mark all as read'.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by rmhumphries)
    In the bottom left corner, there should be an option to 'Mark all as read'.
    This doesn't work for me. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    This doesn't work for me. What should I do?
    What is the issue - is the option not there, or does clicking it not work? If the latter, what happens when you click it?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What is the issue - is the option not there, or does clicking it not work? If the latter, what happens when you click it?
    Whether by coincidence or not, the notification has gone but I still don't think the 'mark all as read' button always works. Thank you for responding though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Whether by coincidence or not, the notification has gone but I still don't think the 'mark all as read' button always works. Thank you for responding though.
    I have heard it reported that sometimes it takes until you reload the page / change page before notifications disappear. This might be the case with the mark all as read button as well. I believe that the tech team are aware of this issue.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I have heard it reported that sometimes it takes until you reload the page / change page before notifications disappear. This might be the case with the mark all as read button as well. I believe that the tech team are aware of this issue.
    Nah. Mark all as read stopped working on mobile browsers last week.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.