Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

We were made to fill in our UCAS Forms in October, and now It's been sent off, I'm having second thoughts about my chosen course.

I was very undecided whether to pick Maths or English Language, and I chose English Language, but now I want to do Maths.

Can I switch if I contact the University?
    Do I have to wait and go through Clearing?

Any Advice, or has ay1 done this?

My A - Levels are Maths, Physics and English Language.

xx
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by ProudGeekLoveIt)
    Hi Guys,

We were made to fill in our UCAS Forms in October, and now It's been sent off, I'm having second thoughts about my chosen course.

I was very undecided whether to pick Maths or English Language, and I chose English Language, but now I want to do Maths.

xx
    If you get offers you can reject them all and go into UCAS Extra, I believe you apply to one place at a time and it opens around February - might be a good idea to ask the unis beforehand though.

Or, you could try your luck by calling the universities you've applied to and asking to be considered for maths - you would most likely need an additional personal statement.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys,

xx
    I had initially applied for Psychology and had offers from all five, but I switched to Maths. I emailed the universities asking if they'd consider, and they did. I didn't have to rewrite a personal statement, they simply gave me an alternative offer off of my predicted grades.

ReputationRep:
    Similar to you I applied to bioengineering but then changed to chemistry after a quick and easy email give it a shot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I'll try that :') xxx
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Hi Guys,

xx
    Just email the individual universities. People change subject even in the October they start uni.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.