Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hi all. Im currently in Y11 and have applied to a number of colleges to study musical theatre/performing arts at BTEC level. My likely desitination will be Manchester College (Im from the North West).

    Looking slightly further ahead, I would appreciate it if anyone could give me some advice as to the best places to study PA/MT at degree level.

    What would have been ideal for me is if LIPA offered such a course but unfortunately, the only two performance degrees they seem to offer is Acting and Music. I cant understand why the Liverpool Institute of PERFORMING ARTS dont seem to offer a Performing Arts degree.

    My first option seem to be to either attend a local university/college offering a degree course, but Im not sure how that will be viewed by the industry. Will I just be wasting 3 years and get a degree that will be looked down on at auditions?

    Other than that, travelling to London, but then where would people recommend? I dont know too much about the London based Unis or whether I should be looking at somewhere like Mountview.

    Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 20, 2015
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.