Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi! So I missed out on my offer for just History and so have been given a place on History with a foundation year. I really like UEA and really want to go there but I'm worried about the foundation year, could someone tell me what the foundation year is like? And is there any social stigma about doing a foundation year?

Thanks!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Moved to UEA forum for a better answer

ReputationRep:
    I haven't done the foundation year myself but I am a history student who joined via a non-standard route (I came in through a mature student course) and I've never noticed any stigma. I don't think some of the students knew how to categorise me during the first few weeks but that was more due to being a mature student and not having the standard background of a-levels and straight to uni. No issues past that, we're all friends

History at UEA has been amazing so far and I'm really glad I made the choice to study here.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the foundation year, and no, there isn't any stigma! The only thing I would say is be prepared to do very little History in the first year.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 26, 2015

University open days

1. University of East Anglia (UEA)
    UEA Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
  2. University of East Anglia (UEA)
    UEA Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.